Samsung Galaxy S4 Problem

OP mateusz8591

20th April 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi
I have an unlocked samsung galaxy s4 gt-i19505
Recently after i updated to 4.4.2 kitkat i started having problems. After the phone is not being used for a while, when i press the unlock button the unlock screen appears but the circle with the lock inside it is missing and the phone appears to loose touch i can't unlock the phone or pull down the notification panel. When i press the lock button again the screen goes black and the phone just freezes completely. It doesn't react to the unlock button any more or to the home screen button. I have to take out the battery and then everything is normal again until the phone is left unused for a while again.

I tried reinstalling the firmware again but it didn't help. I didn't factory reset the phone as I don't want to be setting it up again as it takes me a while. Does anyone have similar problems knows how to fix it ?

Thanks.
20th April 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,087 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz8591

Hi
I have an unlocked samsung galaxy s4 gt-i19505
Recently after i updated to 4.4.2 kitkat i started having problems. After the phone is not being used for a while, when i press the unlock button the unlock screen appears but the circle with the lock inside it is missing and the phone appears to loose touch i can't unlock the phone or pull down the notification panel. When i press the lock button again the screen goes black and the phone just freezes completely. It doesn't react to the unlock button any more or to the home screen button. I have to take out the battery and then everything is normal again until the phone is left unused for a while again.

I tried reinstalling the firmware again but it didn't help. I didn't factory reset the phone as I don't want to be setting it up again as it takes me a while. Does anyone have similar problems knows how to fix it ?

Thanks.

It sucks to reset, but you gotta do what you gotta do. That is often the first step of troubleshooting as it eliminates lots of other possibilities all at once. Especially if you updated to 4.3 to 4.4.2 without wiping. I know Samsung says it's cool and give OTA updates and all that, but I've worked on dozens and dozens of Samsung devices and they always seem to run best if you factory reset after updating (or downgrading). There are tons of apps that can back up your call logs, texts, apps, contacts, etc that you can use to restore afterwards. Then you just gotta log back into your accounts and set up your home screen. It's annoying, but will probably be quicker than trying to troubleshoot one little thing after another. Just the nature of the beast with stuff like this. It's not Samsung's fault per se, just how software is. It seems to run differently on different phones without much rhyme or reason.
22nd April 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

It sucks to reset, but you gotta do what you gotta do. That is often the first step of troubleshooting as it eliminates lots of other possibilities all at once. Especially if you updated to 4.3 to 4.4.2 without wiping. I know Samsung says it's cool and give OTA updates and all that, but I've worked on dozens and dozens of Samsung devices and they always seem to run best if you factory reset after updating (or downgrading). There are tons of apps that can back up your call logs, texts, apps, contacts, etc that you can use to restore afterwards. Then you just gotta log back into your accounts and set up your home screen. It's annoying, but will probably be quicker than trying to troubleshoot one little thing after another. Just the nature of the beast with stuff like this. It's not Samsung's fault per se, just how software is. It seems to run differently on different phones without much rhyme or reason.

Hey i reseted my phone and the problem seemed to be fixed but it happened again. Do you know what can I do to fix it ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread