I am exchanging my s5 tomorrow for the m8. The s5 is awesome but there's a few things I'm really looking forward to on the m8...
1. Root/s-off. This is important to me. For me having a phone without root is like having a bike with flat tires. You can still ride it, but it sucks and the bike is so much more fun with pumped up tires.
2. On screen buttons. I do not like the physical home button, and since I am left handed I HATE that the back button is in the bottom right hand corner. It's a pain for me to reach. If I could switch the back and recents button on the s5 that would go a long way.
3. Front speakers. I watch a lot of stuff on my phone and the first time I heard the speakers on the m8 I knew I was probably gonna exchange my phone.
4. Double tap to turn on. I fell in love with this feature on the G2 (kinda wish I had just kept that phone. It's a great phone. Gave it to my sister in law though). Once you get used to this feature it's hard to not have it.
Things I'll miss about the s5:
1. The screen. It. is. Beautiful.
2. Water resistant. It's been a long time since I've dropped my phone in the toilet. I'm overdue for it to happen again.
3. Removable battery. I've always like this feature.
Any thoughts on the battery life of the m8 vs the s5? I know the battery life on the G2 was quite a bit better than on my s5. Is the battery on the m8 even worse?
Lastly - what's with the sim card on the s5 not being spring loaded? IT's a PAIN to take out.
---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------
Originally Posted by dts242
KitKat kills tethering.
Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What do you mean? I've tethered many times on different phones running kit kat. Lack of root kills tethering. Not kit kat.