Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 for warranty

Tip us?
 
bwall
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Need to unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 for warranty

Need to unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 Model SGH-I337M Bell Mobility for warranty purposes.

I am a newbie to rooting and a while back I followed the thread linked below and used CF-Auto-Root method to root my phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293800

Now I need to unroot it so I can send it in for warranty by May 5th, 1 year warranty will be up then.

I have done some looking online and think that I understand the unroot process is done by finding the stock Bell rom online then using ODIN to flash the phone. Basically the same way that the root was done using Chainfire's method only in reverse. I think using the method I did to root the phone it still has the stock recovery so is unrooting just that simple? Could someone please confirm if this is correct?

Is this all that needs to be done to unroot the phone?
Do I need to uninstall apps that require root?
Should I do a factory reset after?
Do I need to use triangle away after so that Samsung can't tell the phone had been rooted?

Thank you for any help offered, much appreciated.
 
slogger001
Old
#2  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 279
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Patna/Bihar/India
Wink root checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall View Post
Need to unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 Model SGH-I337M Bell Mobility for warranty purposes.

I am a newbie to rooting and a while back I followed the thread linked below and used CF-Auto-Root method to root my phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293800

Now I need to unroot it so I can send it in for warranty by May 5th, 1 year warranty will be up then.

I have done some looking online and think that I understand the unroot process is done by finding the stock Bell rom online then using ODIN to flash the phone. Basically the same way that the root was done using Chainfire's method only in reverse. I think using the method I did to root the phone it still has the stock recovery so is unrooting just that simple? Could someone please confirm if this is correct?

Is this all that needs to be done to unroot the phone?
Do I need to uninstall apps that require root?
Should I do a factory reset after?
Do I need to use triangle away after so that Samsung can't tell the phone had been rooted?

Thank you for any help offered, much appreciated.
Download root checker it will show u if ur device is rooted or not and make sure u have locked bootloader and no rooting apps installed
Device:- χρєяια тιρσ

☞๓ұ ∂єνιє αu ☜

RΩM:- □ѕтσк ιѕ ■υѕтσм 尺m (cm 10)

Яσσт:- ■яσσтє∂ □υияσσтє∂

Вσσтℓσα∂єя:- □ℓσкє∂ ■υиℓσкє∂

яєσνєяу:- ■ωм □тωяρ

нιт тнαикѕ αℓѕσ
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bwall
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001 View Post
Download root checker it will show u if ur device is rooted or not and make sure u have locked bootloader and no rooting apps installed
K, thanks. Just to confirm I understand correctly, I need to do the process I described above using ODIN, then download rootchecker like you described when done to confirm that the phone was successfully reflashed. Sorry for needing to be spoon fed here, totally new to this.
 
slogger001
Old
#4  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 279
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Patna/Bihar/India
Thumbs up Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall View Post
K, thanks. Just to confirm I understand correctly, I need to do the process I described above using ODIN, then download rootchecker like you described when done to confirm that the phone was successfully reflashed. Sorry for needing to be spoon fed here, totally new to this.
ya right
Device:- χρєяια тιρσ

☞๓ұ ∂єνιє αu ☜

RΩM:- □ѕтσк ιѕ ■υѕтσм 尺m (cm 10)

Яσσт:- ■яσσтє∂ □υияσσтє∂

Вσσтℓσα∂єя:- □ℓσкє∂ ■υиℓσкє∂

яєσνєяу:- ■ωм □тωяρ

нιт тнαикѕ αℓѕσ
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes