Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP PORT] CM DSP for Galaxy S4

Tip us?

papete
Old
(Last edited by papete; 22nd April 2014 at 12:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Default [APP PORT] CM DSP for Galaxy S4

I just got the I9506 and coming from a CM powered phone one of the things I missed was the DSP Manager app. So, I decided to port it to the S4. All you have to do is to copy the files in the zip to their proper locations in the phone with a rooted file manager and set the permissions to RW-R-R

Sorry, it is NOT a flashable zip as I do not have a custom ROM installed to test it, you'll have to move the files manually.

If you encounter any problems let me know.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST to back up the files before replacing them with the new ones....

This has been tested and working on a I9506 with stock ROM (4.3), but should work on other 4.3 ROMS and maybe also on 4.2 or 4.4. Test and let me know.

* If your phone dies doing this I'm not responsible
** I just edited some config files, the REAL WORK is from CM team.
*** This has been done for my personal use, I'm not looking for fame and/or glory, just sharing in case it is useful to anybody else
Attached Files
File Type: zip system.zip - [Click for QR Code] (316.3 KB, 28 views)

Pagnell
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Have you tried Viper4Android? A lot more features than the standard DSP application.
Galaxy S4

Previous phones - Philips Diga, Nokia 6110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 7110, Nokia 8890, Nokia 9110i, Nokia 8310, Ericsson T28i, Nokia 6310, SE T68i, SE T610, Motorola V600, Nokia 6230, Samsung D500, SE K750, Motorola V3, Samsung D600, Nokia N73, HTC Artemis, LG KU990, Nokia N95 8gb, HTC Leo, Samsung Galaxy SII.

dedichthui
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by papete View Post
I just got the I9506 and coming from a CM powered phone one of the things I missed was the DSP Manager app. So, I decided to port it to the S4. All you have to do is to copy the files in the zip to their proper locations in the phone with a rooted file manager and set the permissions to RW-R-R

Sorry, it is NOT a flashable zip as I do not have a custom ROM installed to test it, you'll have to move the files manually.

If you encounter any problems let me know.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST to back up the files before replacing them with the new ones....

This has been tested and working on a I9506 with stock ROM, but should work on other 4.3 ROMS and maybe also on 4.2 or 4.4. Test and let me know.

* If your phone dies doing this I'm not responsible
** I just edited some config files, the REAL WORK is from CM team.
*** This has been done for my personal use, I'm not looking for fame and/or glory, just sharing in case it is useful to anybody else
Sory, I'm stupid. what's this ? It may be used for I9500 do not?

papete
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnell View Post
Have you tried Viper4Android? A lot more features than the standard DSP application.
I'm used to DSP from CM team...

papete
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedichthui View Post
Sory, I'm stupid. what's this ? It may be used for I9500 do not?
Is an app that adds a number of sound effects and let's you set specific sound EQ values depending on the output (Headset, Loudspeaker, Bluetooth). If you have a custom recovery do a nandroid and test it... I think it should work
The Following User Says Thank You to papete For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pagnell
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
I'm used to DSP from CM team...
Fair enough, what you're comfortable with is the most important thing. But just to point out that it's very similar in terms of UI it just has a lot of additional options for tweaking the sound. I strongly suggest you try it and see if you like it. You can certainly get a better sound out of it than a plain DSP app. It's absolutely essential for anyone who uses their phone as a music player in my view.
Galaxy S4

Previous phones - Philips Diga, Nokia 6110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 7110, Nokia 8890, Nokia 9110i, Nokia 8310, Ericsson T28i, Nokia 6310, SE T68i, SE T610, Motorola V600, Nokia 6230, Samsung D500, SE K750, Motorola V3, Samsung D600, Nokia N73, HTC Artemis, LG KU990, Nokia N95 8gb, HTC Leo, Samsung Galaxy SII.

dedichthui
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Works fine on i9500. Not works on stock music app. thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to dedichthui For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

papete
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedichthui View Post
Works fine on i9500. Not works on stock music app. thank you
I use it together with poweramp with no problems, the stock music app I don't have it installed

dedichthui
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
I use it together with poweramp with no problems, the stock music app I don't have it installed
may not works on stock musisc app (mod S5)