[Q] Liquidsmooth Keyboard

OP imo_inx

21st April 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
So the current ROM(liquidics for droid2) doesn't support the physical keyboard very well. The lights stay on when its closed and pulling it out doesn't change the orientation. Is there a way I could pull keyboard modules or whatever handles the keyboard from another ROM that works (AOKP or CM9) and patch them over it?
Sent from my DROID2 using xda app-developers app
21st April 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by imo_inx

So the current ROM(liquidics for droid2) doesn't support the physical keyboard very well. The lights stay on when its closed and pulling it out doesn't change the orientation. Is there a way I could pull keyboard modules or whatever handles the keyboard from another ROM that works (AOKP or CM9) and patch them over it?

Have you tried installing a third party app yet? E.g. TouchPal X ?
21st April 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Have you tried installing a third party app yet? E.g. TouchPal X ?

Not third-party, but I did install Google Keyboard. I don't see how that would effect the physical keyboard much as I ran a ROM before where the android keyboard service kept crashing, but the slide-out still worked.
22nd April 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #4  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imo_inx

Not third-party, but I did install Google Keyboard. I don't see how that would effect the physical keyboard much as I ran a ROM before where the android keyboard service kept crashing, but the slide-out still worked.

Hardware buttons and softkeys are controlled by keyboard app too as far as i know.
22nd April 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
I think you're right about the virtual keyboard handling the physical one, but I think Android itself controls the back lights and orientation. I've tried some third party apps and they don't fix it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread