Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen protector effect on S-Pen?

Tip us?

Shaderach
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Screen protector effect on S-Pen?

The local Samsung shop put their own screen protector on my 12.2 and I'm not happy with the friction between it and the S-Pen (too much). I have the Logitech cover/kb coming in the mail and when it arrives I am considering just ditching the screen protector entirely. I've owned several Samsung phones sans protectors and never got them scratched.

Thoughts?

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Tempered glass screen protector or nothing if the feel of glass is what you prefer. There's a thread about them in the accessories section.

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I went ahead and got a zagg invisible shield for mine (until my mime tempered glass gets here saturday) and actually have to say Im pretty please with the performance. I had to get a hard squeegee since the one that comes with it is too soft to apply properly. The screen works rather well with the spen. Havent had any issues thus far. Pretty happy with it. I am using the rubber tips btw. The plastic may be different. Still switching to tempered glass though

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Arnold Burian
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaderach View Post
The local Samsung shop put their own screen protector on my 12.2 and I'm not happy with the friction between it and the S-Pen (too much). I have the Logitech cover/kb coming in the mail and when it arrives I am considering just ditching the screen protector entirely. I've owned several Samsung phones sans protectors and never got them scratched.

Thoughts?
Skip the screen protector. Only consider it if you frequently jam your phone into your pocket next to keys and change, which is definitely not a problem with this tablet.

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Burian View Post
Skip the screen protector. Only consider it if you frequently jam your phone into your pocket next to keys and change, which is definitely not a problem with this tablet.
Not gorilla glass though and despite extremely careful use mine already has 2 light scratches I can safely recurrent the invisible shield from Zagg and going to test the nine on saturday. Only issue with zagg is squeaking from my hand dragging on it. specifically the second nuckk of my pinkie

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

minionhunter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't know about the glass yet, mine should arrive today (Yea!!!), but the plastic one I have from amazon, sucks for the pen, I feel the rubber tip disintegrating as quickly as I write. The glass should be much better.

maddojf
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Matte screen protector with hard nib

I use a matte (anit-glare/anti-fingerprint) screen protector on both my note 12.2 and my note 10.1 (2012) with the hard plastic nib on the s-pen (not the soft rubbery one). The texture of the matte screen protector make it feel more like writing on paper.

When using the bare glass (no screen protector) I prefer the writing experience of the rubber nib on the s-pen because it gives the right amount of resistance to emulate writing on paper. However, my palm sometimes sticks when I try to slide it (depending on the amount of moisture on my hand).

I prefer to use a matte screen protector because my palm never sticks (even if my palm is sweaty). However, the rubbery nib causes too much resistance for the s-pen with the matte screen protector, so I use the hard plastic nib instead (which is just right).

Visually, the matte screen protector decreases the clarity of the screen and reduces glare. There is still some glare in extreme environments and I don't notice the degradation in visual quality. Ultimately, I use the notes for handwriting so I don't care about the visual effects of the screen protector either way.
The Following User Says Thank You to maddojf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

expatriate
Old
Thanks Meter 1
where can i order tempered glass protectors?

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

hendav
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
where can i order tempered glass protectors?

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk
http://mimeusa.com/product/galaxy-no...een-protector/

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Tags
s-pen, screen protector