[Q] Phone stuck in TWRP boot loop; no files show up when plugging in OTG cable

Search This thread

joshuaclogg

Apr 19, 2014
What kind of method would I need to use to be able to get my phone back to stock? I tried to take the update, but failed, and then in a haste deleted all of my storage on the phone. I know that I need to use the OTG cable, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I put a .tot file on the root of a thumb drive to see if i could see it through TWRP but I couldn't. I am in a bootloop that goes straight to TWRP, but I don't have any files to flash to get it to boot up the rest of the way. Do I need to use the KDZ file instead? I have no experience using ADB either so if that is what I need to do, I definitely need assistance with it. Thanks in advance I hope?

joshuaclogg

Apr 19, 2014
No worries, nice and simple fix. Terminal command is awesome.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

Let us know how it goes!

Where will this get me? I dont think I have any kind of rom or anything to boot to because I deleted my memory on accident after I was already in the bootloop. Does the stock rom still exist under everything despite wiping all of memory? Not just data but EVERYTHING (yes I know, I shouldn't have been so antsy while not being familiar with TWRP).

asdfvtn

Feb 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Where will this get me? I dont think I have any kind of rom or anything to boot to because I deleted my memory on accident after I was already in the bootloop. Does the stock rom still exist under everything despite wiping all of memory? Not just data but EVERYTHING (yes I know, I shouldn't have been so antsy while not being familiar with TWRP).

When you wiped, you selected dalvik, cache, and data, correct? If so, you'll be fine (If you truly wiped everything already, you wouldn't have TWRP anyway). The line from that link I posted simply deletes the OTA you downloaded. If you type it exactly as written, nothing else will be done to your phone. Be sure to triple check what you're typing though.
Feel free to keep looking around though if you like.

Best of luck

joshuaclogg

Apr 19, 2014
When you wiped, you selected dalvik, cache, and data, correct? If so, you'll be fine (If you truly wiped everything already, you wouldn't have TWRP anyway). The line from that link I posted simply deletes the OTA you downloaded. If you type it exactly as written, nothing else will be done to your phone. Be sure to triple check what you're typing though.
Feel free to keep looking around though if you like.

Best of luck

Both of the methods there do the same? And I selected format data which now that I read is so far from what I wanted haha