5,604,050 Members 46,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][Sense/AOSP][aroma] lONELyX #023|3.1.10|S2W,DT2W,FC,UMS,UV,OC,MPDec,CPUQuiet

Tip us?

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by mido.fayad View Post
@lyapota

can u please add one version with core voltage undervolting -50 and no cpu undervolting ..

i have done a lot of tests in the last weeks as i always have problems with -50 core -50 cpu undervolting on variant 2
and i have changed the mainboard 2 weeks ago and got a new one with variant 1
so i tested the same version -50 core -50 cpu and no problems with it but for sure the table is different as in variant 1 with -50 cpu is 1150mv for 1.5 ghz while for variant 2 1100mv
that's why i asked for -50 core and no cpu undervolting so we get -50 in the core and still have 1150 mv for 1.5 ghz in variant 2 and i think this will fix all the problems related to undervolting in variant 2

and i got yesterday another replacement and now again it's variant 2 so ican test it if u want

thanks for your great work
You can set the voltage in aroma installer O.o so why the need of creating another one... I don't understand what it could help for or so

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

mido.fayad
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
You can set the voltage in aroma installer O.o so why the need of creating another one... I don't understand what it could help for or so

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
No u can't set what I say in aroma
If u increased voltage from 1100 to 1150 then it won't simply use this frequency when it comes hardcoded with -50 core and CPU
And I want it to he hardcoded -50 core and no CPU undervolting for variant 2
Which means we will get -50 core and still CPU @1150 MV for 1.5 GHz hardcoded

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

high_voltage
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
No u can't set what I say in aroma
If u increased voltage from 1100 to 1150 then it won't simply use this frequency when it comes hardcoded with -50 core and CPU
And I want it to he hardcoded -50 core and no CPU undervolting for variant 2
Which means we will get -50 core and still CPU @1150 MV for 1.5 GHz hardcoded

Variant 2 should be stable with 1100mV for cpu. Why you would want it to be 1150mV? First test with the new chip if it's stable. More common for causing problems is -50mV core voltage.
HTC One X

mido.fayad
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by high_voltage View Post
Variant 2 should be stable with 1100mV for cpu. Why you would want it to be 1150mV? First test with the new chip if it's stable. More common for causing problems is -50mV core voltage.
Yes it's stable in normal usage with 1100mv but not in games when using full quad @ 1.5 GHz
So in theory I think if we undervolted -50 core and no CPU undervolting, it will be very stable as we already have undervolted CPU because stock is 1237mv while we have 1150 for variant 2

The Following User Says Thank You to mido.fayad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

high_voltage
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Yes it's stable in normal usage with 1100mv but not in games when using full quad @ 1.5 GHz
So in theory I think if we undervolted -50 core and no CPU undervolting, it will be very stable as we already have undervolted CPU because stock is 1237mv while we have 1150 for variant 2

I honestly think it's from the kernel itself. Will explain: I am variant 2 and with xm 188v4, n3o, trip all 4.1.x/sense 4+ kernels I am stable at full quad 1.5GHz and 520MHz gpu with 1100mV, BUT there I am with stock core voltage I think. With alex-v kernel 2.6rc for 4.2.x I am fully stable with 1100mV 1.5GHz/520MHz even with 58 degrees batt temperature in really heavy games.With lyapota I am stable with 1100 only if I am edp ON and 520MHz gpu. For full quad I need to go +50mV for 1150mV. I think it's the core voltage that makes the cpu unstable. I know from xmister for sure that core voltage alter the cpu voltage... sooo that's the reason and that's why I want core voltage control. Manual from file is ok for me, but I want to have the option to change it on the fly as -50/50 is great for daily use/battery life. Also edp on for games is not bad too as the temps are a lot lower(edp off and walking dead game = 58 degrees, edp on = 50 degrees battery). xm got core control in #17(partly manual as you need to set a file to 1 to show core voltages in trickster mod) so maybe @lyapota can ask for the code?
HTC One X
The Following User Says Thank You to high_voltage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]