Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Went to ATT Device Center Regarding KITKAT issue

Tip us?

jimmietilt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Went to ATT Device Center Regarding KITKAT issue

I installed the OTA for kit kat and my phone lost touch control as some other threads are stating. I tried everything, odin , side loading and nothing worked so i went to device center with my active that is no longer under warranty. As soon as i told the representative that i have the active and i did kit kat update he said "and your touch screen doesn't work?" He told me they had tons of people come in today for that issue. I always look on xda first when i have a phone problem so i just wanted to write this post to warn people not to do ota because this could happen, and also for people dealing with this it is a known issue and the device center knows about it.. This guy was awesome btw he even swapped out my battery and gave me the new back cover. Its the little things in life

mrmartin86
Old
Thanks Meter 36
How could it be out of warranty? The phone came out in June and it carries a one year warranty. That is assuming you didn't void it somehow...
Current Phone(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900T)

Retired Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Desire Z, Nexus One (at&t version), Sony Ericsson c905a, Sony Ericsson w760a, Cingular 8125

jimmietilt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartin86 View Post
How could it be out of warranty? The phone came out in June and it carries a one year warranty. That is assuming you didn't void it somehow...
Thats what i thought! It does have a one year warranty right? I was talking to a rep from att on their online chat service and she was saying that it was only a 3 month warranty which didn't seem right to me. She also told me that the unresponsive touch screen was not a "known issue". I said to her, its only been out a couple of days it can still be an issue with the update. I wasnt gonna bring up warranty with the guy at the device center. As soon as he came walking out with a shiny new (refurbished) active i was very happy and keep my mouth shut.

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 60
hm.. I told my brother-in-law to give samsung a call. seems like alot of people are having this issue.. unresponsive, burn in, and super hot battery after kitkat..
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)

jimmietilt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN View Post
hm.. I told my brother-in-law to give samsung a call. seems like alot of people are having this issue.. unresponsive, burn in, and super hot battery after kitkat..
im glad you mentioned the burn in's...looked like a plasma tv when it gets an image burned into it....i had the top left of the download screen when in odin burned in..lol. the past 4 days i have been scratching my head to what i did wrong with my phone, glad to know i wasn't the only one. att really should stop the ota and fix it

Krog72
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Update on hold

read this:

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/04/22/...pdate-on-hold/

Regards
Krog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krog72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TwoStroker37
Old
Thanks Meter 29
The phone carries a 1 year warranty from Samsung. AT&T offers no warranty on any of the devices they sell but they are allowed to make exceptions on a per case basis. My Active has been shipped off to Samsung 3 times now since June.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active i537
4.3 ML2 Rooted
SIM unlocked
AWS unlocked
T-Mobile

Gear 2 Neo | Pebble | iPod Nano

jimmietilt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krog72 View Post
Thanks for the link! Wonder how long it will take to roll out a fix. Will be scared to flash after dealing with this crap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda premium