OP foueddyf

22nd April 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 8

84 posts
More
Saw this on Youtube today:

This only concerns video/audio recording at 4K and 1080p.
Thought some of you might be interested.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foueddyf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 110

347 posts
Donate to Me
The S5 does seem to have an upper hand on the front-facing camera, and in-door white balance is better.

The S5 video image is a lot sharper and more detailed with very vibrant colors. Whether those colors are more accurate or not I don't know, but it does look better in my opinion. Autofocus on the Z2 seems to be very good. The Z2 overheating after just a few minutes of 4K recording is slightly worrying, though. Makes 4K recording a bit of a useless gimmick on that phone. And, yes, lack of 4K displays and all that; it's still a prominent feature on that phone and should work properly.
22nd April 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I own both and am seeing the same results. The 4K overheating on Z2 s a PITA. S5 16Mpx shots in good light are also better than Z2 8Mpx Superior Auto shots (which is how I and 99% of users will take shots). In bad light both are pretty terrible.

Really torn... need to return or sell one of them soon.
22nd April 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 56

483 posts
Let's be honest guys. Samsung galaxy s5 beats z2 in anyway. Pictures are a lot sharper and more colorful. Audio quality is better in my opinion I believe in his opinion too cos he was using s5 audio most of the time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Sony is advertising this phone for 4k video recording but it over heats and shuts it after few minutes. That's not okay and acceptable.

22nd April 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag South West
Thanks Meter: 78

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiskopatYazar

Let's be honest guys. Samsung galaxy s5 beats z2 in anyway. Pictures are a lot sharper and more colorful. Audio quality is better in my opinion I believe in his opinion too cos he was using s5 audio most of the time.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Sony is advertising this phone for 4k video recording but it over heats and shuts it after few minutes. That's not okay and acceptable.

Funny smell around here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvq6DLn3ho
The Following User Says Thank You to Publicglutton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
comparison, samsung galaxy s5, sony xperia z2
Previous Thread Next Thread