Post Reply

If on MI9 and take OTA, will each version download and install individually?

OP dawheat

22nd April 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
I'm still on MI9 via RDLV and since there's no sign of root for 4.4.2, I'm going to reflash a fresh MI9 with root and then would like to take updates up to MJ5.

Does anyone know if each step will download and install separately? So after I get to MJ5, I can freeze the AT&T update app and stay there? I don't want to jump all the way to KK.

For each update, I plan on using survival mode in SuperSU.

TIA
22nd April 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawheat

I'm still on MI9 via RDLV and since there's no sign of root for 4.4.2, I'm going to reflash a fresh MI9 with root and then would like to take updates up to MJ5.

Does anyone know if each step will download and install separately? So after I get to MJ5, I can freeze the AT&T update app and stay there? I don't want to jump all the way to KK.

For each update, I plan on using survival mode in SuperSU.

TIA

I'm not one of the more expert opinions, but I am on MI9 and staying. Once you go to MJ5, root is not as easy (Kingo only vs Kingo + RDLV), also Region Lock Away will not work. I also do not see the benefit. I just clean install the rooted MI9, use SafeStrap and wipe away all of MI9 using MJ5 roms in the stock slot.
The Following User Says Thank You to dave812 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave812

I'm not one of the more expert opinions, but I am on MI9 and staying. Once you go to MJ5, root is not as easy (Kingo only vs Kingo + RDLV), also Region Lock Away will not work. I also do not see the benefit. I just clean install the rooted MI9, use SafeStrap and wipe away all of MI9 using MJ5 roms in the stock slot.

Thanks man - if you load a custom JB ROM into the stock slot, are you able to return to stock MI9 when it's time to sell the phone? Do you know if you can just redo RDLV to MI9 and it'll remove SS, custom recovery, etc?
22nd April 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawheat

Thanks man - if you load a custom JB ROM into the stock slot, are you able to return to stock MI9 when it's time to sell the phone? Do you know if you can just redo RDLV to MI9 and it'll remove SS, custom recovery, etc?

Absolutely. The RDLV will bring it back to 100% stock and will wipe the internal memory as well. It is like nothing ever happened, and the phone was fresh out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to dave812 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave812

Absolutely. The RDLV will bring it back to 100% stock and will wipe the internal memory as well. It is like nothing ever happened, and the phone was fresh out of the box.

Awesome much appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes