Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Giving away/Selling some m8 cases

Tip us?

waz675
Old
Thanks Meter 493
I knew I wasn't "crazy" and alone in having 3 or 4 cases usually for my phones for the particular need I have at that day/moment. Powered cases, hard cases and cases that are somewhat "my children proof". I've had, mm, 8 or 9 Android devices, maybe more and the kids have managed to spill or pour drinks on 5 of them. My 1 year old even threw (literally threw) my HTC ONE X into a bucket of water.. Plop.. HA, oops.. Counting, XOOM can't be mobile, needs to be connected to power to work after water spillage on it. 2 Nexus 7s (2012 models, my 2013 model is hands off) don't have working USB plugs now, but I can charge them via the dock and POGO pins. A Samsung Galaxy S was water damaged, wifi doesn't work, forget if sim card works. Some motorola phone that was given to us was stepped on and yet again, water spilled, for some reason my kids love mixing water and android devices. Yet they can spend 'a good time' using them for Youtube and kids games, 2 + 4 year old are their ages now. Have been Android user since 1 + 2 respectively

I've only got the case that came with the international M8 and bought some ebay HK "genuine leather" case that will let me put it at various viewing angles and fold up like a wallet/purse thing so I _hope_ that manages to keep my kids at bay. May this phone be the first one that doesn't go for a swim! Oh, I hosed my LG G2, 'somehow'', use FreeGee to backup EFS, tried a particular radio, no good, did a 'simple restore'. Phone was hosed, EFS was corrupt or dead, or whatever. It was giving boot loops, constant reboots once in ROMs that worked, no wifi/sim.

I finally have it at a state, it is in either a LG or KK ROM as I want, 20 minutes to restore JB Stock ROM or so, and upgrade if wanted, but no radio/sim/wifi which sometimes reboots. I'll play with it if and when I finally find myself not glued to the M8 at any true spare time (No kids, not on motorbike, not doing stuff with tablets or PC). Hopefully, August, heh heh heh.
Best to leave the "thanks" button for someone who actually cares for it.

HTC ONE M8.... Various ROMs + kernel combinations, M8 likes being at 2.8GHZ.
LG G2.... OmniRom
HTC ONE X....running Viper
XOOM.......... OmniRom kitkat
Nexus 7s........all on various kitkats.
MOTORBIKE..running Triumph's 3cyl 675cc ROM with Jardine Carbon Fibre slip on kernel.
All are buttery smooth as @#$+!! VROOM VROOM

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3644
Thread closed.

It is against the rules to sell on XDA. Please use swappa to sell devices or accessories.

Ghost
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe