Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from st-tps: An Application for the Samsung Galaxy Gear that let´s you send Text Templates to anyone.

[APP][SMS] NativeSMS v0.2b - Favourites added - GEAR EXCLUSIVE!

Tip us?

pippo_105
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great app, thank you.

I have null build 22 on my gear. I have installed NativeSMS but when i check "Gear contact list" appears immediatley after "No contacts found". Gear is connected to my note 2, on gear the google account is synchronized and the bluetooth tethering is enabled and effective.

Where am I doing wrong?

st-tps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by flouflou View Post
Maybe I misunderstood the operation of this app, but you can do the same by slipping into the list of contacts on the contact you want to send the message.
Am I wrong?
Or maybe it comes from a recent update?
Yes, it´s possible to send sms from the Gear Contact-list aswell and that´s basically what this app does.
However, the original mission was to find a way to actually write the message you want to send and not only send from a list of templates.
Sadly, I still haven´t found a way to get that function running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo_105 View Post
Great app, thank you.

I have null build 22 on my gear. I have installed NativeSMS but when i check "Gear contact list" appears immediatley after "No contacts found". Gear is connected to my note 2, on gear the google account is synchronized and the bluetooth tethering is enabled and effective.

Where am I doing wrong?
If you enter the "persons" app on the Gear that came with null, (Not the Gear Contacts app) does it show any contacts there?
If not, your google account is not configured to sync the contacts to the Gear.
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

If you like it and find 'em useful, I´ll gladly recieve a little something

flouflou
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I use tabletSMS by clockworkmod!
That's works for write sms

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk
Sorry for bad english...

David_cole
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Thumbs down Was this app made on April fools? Lol

What is the purpose of a SMS app that doesn't let you write SMS Lol. I deleted this and installed a proper SMS app which allowed me to type SMS on the watch itself.

lazer9
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_cole View Post
What is the purpose of a SMS app that doesn't let you write SMS Lol. I deleted this and installed a proper SMS app which allowed me to type SMS on the watch itself.
Yea, with a smart-ass header comment as you put in there, it's no wonder likely devs on here just say **** it and keep their work to themselves. This app functions perfect as per the OP for what it is intended to do. I guess you're the April Fool's joke.
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][JULY 4] Hyperdrive RLS17.1 KitKat ¯`•._ ║Hyperdrive Tweaks ║ Ultimate Customization ║ On-the-Fly Theming ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

Asus Transformer TF300T : ★★★[TF300 KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk][F2FS | DATA2SD | ROM2SD | CM11 ][JULY 16]★★★

The Following User Says Thank You to lazer9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fOmey
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3887
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_cole View Post
This app was created WAY before that SMS app was released.. has been around for quite some time now, check the creation date of this thread.

It also does not rely on any "server's" to be installed on the host phone, this app takes advantage of the template database created by Gear Manager. It does not rely on any additional apps to function.

Some people don't find it practical to reply to SMS's on a watch and prefer to use the predefined templates. Even tho this being outdated, is still a very practical alternative.

Nether the less your attitude stinks, if you don't have a use for something simply don't use it.. doesn't give you an excuse or reason to bash something.

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

David_cole
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
This app was created WAY before that SMS app was released.. has been around for quite some time now, check the creation date of this thread.

It also does not rely on any "server's" to be installed on the host phone, this app takes advantage of the template database created by Gear Manager. It does not rely on any additional apps to function.

Some people don't find it practical to reply to SMS's on a watch and prefer to use the predefined templates. Even tho this being outdated, is still a very practical alternative.

Nether the less your attitude stinks, if you don't have a use for something simply don't use it.. doesn't give you an excuse or reason to bash something.
It doesn't matter which app came first what matters is one is excellent and one is useless, he simply copied what samsung already included and gave it a worse interface. The other guys app is a fully functional SMS app that works flawlessly. I will add ur reply was a lot better than the moron above u so thanks for helpin me understand it abit better.