Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

note 3 problem

Tip us?

cagetsmoll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
It should have worked when done correctly. Did you check if reactivation lock is on when in download mode?
What is reactivation lock? I think I'll try again tonight procedure. Should I resume from the beginning of this solution?

A big thank you for your help.

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagetsmoll View Post
What is reactivation lock? I think I'll try again tonight procedure. Should I resume from the beginning of this solution?

A big thank you for your help.
Reactivation lock is a security feature where if you lost your phone nobody can factory reset or recover the phone without entering the password. It prevents flashing root or custom recovery when on.

No just continue where you left off.

Just out of curiosity, are you on 4.4.2 before you tried to root and messed up the phone?

cagetsmoll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
Reactivation lock is a security feature where if you lost your phone nobody can factory reset or recover the phone without entering the password. It prevents flashing root or custom recovery when on.

No just continue where you left off.

Just out of curiosity, are you on 4.4.2 before you tried to root and messed up the phone?
My original firmware is N9005ZTUENB5. I I did not have the 4G settings and I wanted root to be able to get it and suddenly that FAIL with ODIN. The phone is out of service for a week and I think I found the solution, so it can work again.