Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

note 3 problem

OP cagetsmoll

22nd April 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nancy
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

It should have worked when done correctly. Did you check if reactivation lock is on when in download mode?

What is reactivation lock? I think I'll try again tonight procedure. Should I resume from the beginning of this solution?

A big thank you for your help.
22nd April 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagetsmoll

What is reactivation lock? I think I'll try again tonight procedure. Should I resume from the beginning of this solution?

A big thank you for your help.

Reactivation lock is a security feature where if you lost your phone nobody can factory reset or recover the phone without entering the password. It prevents flashing root or custom recovery when on.

No just continue where you left off.

Just out of curiosity, are you on 4.4.2 before you tried to root and messed up the phone?
22nd April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nancy
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Reactivation lock is a security feature where if you lost your phone nobody can factory reset or recover the phone without entering the password. It prevents flashing root or custom recovery when on.

No just continue where you left off.

Just out of curiosity, are you on 4.4.2 before you tried to root and messed up the phone?

My original firmware is N9005ZTUENB5. I I did not have the 4G settings and I wanted root to be able to get it and suddenly that FAIL with ODIN. The phone is out of service for a week and I think I found the solution, so it can work again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread