Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Baseband: Unknown

Tip us?

portis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Baseband: Unknown

My problem is after installation of 4.2 rom i lost my radio, but only in kitkat.The original kitkat tmobile rom seems to fix that, but then again any other rom is with broken radio. CM11 is ok, but if im not wrong the cm radio is being written on different partition, than the kitkats one.Tried KK_baseband_801.zip and LG801_20A_RADIO.zip.Neither of them fixes the issue.A can live with CM11 but i am really sorry i cant have access to the UHD camera.So i guess you guys are going to tell me to downgrade .Probably that will fix it but i`ve to install Windows 7 again so im not in a hurry.I can try it in virtual box but didn't had success before that and had to temporarily install windows.Ultimately id like to interchange betwen cm11 and lightning v2 rom with the slow motion camera and the other extras.Its just too much bloatware with the tmobile version plus its checking to see if you have tethering plan, which is incompatible with unlimited data.

Thanks

portis
Old
(Last edited by portis; 19th April 2014 at 04:55 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Installed stock after all, since the baseband issue still exist if put something else, but i used smileys ROM then installed "autorec xda" which is capable off flashing twrp in case you need CM.The UHD cam is cool to play with , although i wish to be possible to manual focusing during video recording instead this useless thing to take a picture.What do you think.

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by portis View Post
Installed stock after all, since the baseband issue still exist if put something else, but i used smileys ROM then installed "autorec xda" which is capable off flashing twrp in case you need CM.The UHD cam is cool to play with , although i wish to be possible to manual focusing during video recording instead this useless thing to take a picture.What do you think.

I agree on your comment. This should have been considered before the device got manufactured..