Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"USB device not recognized", why can't I connect to the computer via USB?

Tip us?

Kknguy
Old
(Last edited by Kknguy; 10th April 2014 at 10:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default "USB device not recognized", why can't I connect to the computer via USB?

I have tried all the drivers and did all the research I could do. I downloaded Google universal driver, Koush drivers, and LG drivers but I still get a "USB device not recognized" error. I have turned on/turned off USB debug and checked MTP in the setting. One thing to note is that I am not using the original LG USB. Could this be the case? I can't seem to wrap my head around why using a non-OEM cable would prevent the computer from recognizing the phone though. I have tried all of the non-OEM cable I have and none works.

Have anyone had this problem and solved it?

PS. my phone is stock 4.4.2

alexnaoumi
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kknguy View Post
I have tried all the drivers and did all the research I could do. I downloaded Google universal driver, Koush drivers, and LG drivers but I still get a "USB device not recognized" error. I have turned on/turned off USB debug and checked MTP in the setting. One thing to note is that I am not using the original LG USB. Could this be the case? I can't seem to wrap my head around why using a non-OEM cable would prevent the computer from recognizing the phone though. I have tried all of the non-OEM cable I have and none works.

Have anyone had this problem and solved it?

PS. my phone is stock 4.4.2
I'm in the same boat and I'm using the came that came with the G2. Its not just you. I about pulled my hair out after trying to get it to work for 4 hours yesterday

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
--Alexander

Phone:
Black LG G2

Kknguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnaoumi View Post
I'm in the same boat and I'm using the came that came with the G2. Its not just you. I about pulled my hair out after trying to get it to work for 4 hours yesterday

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
I just tried my buddy original LG USB and it STILL doesn't work...I'm out of ideas

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kknguy View Post
I just tried my buddy original LG USB and it STILL doesn't work...I'm out of ideas
Check the device manager on your PC. you might need to install some software to have it work.