No registration required

[Q] Custom Recovery Boot Loop

OP savoritz

21st April 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

60 posts
More
Alright so I'm pretty noobish. I tried to back up my stock rom before flashing for a custom rom. I used custom recovery via odin. After that I went into rom manager, set up custom recovery version 5.x.x because I thought you could use rom manager after that. I thought that was the whole point of custom recovery for rom manager. Anyways after selecting backup current rom in rom manager I'm now stuck in a continuous recovery boot loop saying:

recovery booting......
recovery is not seandroid enforcing
set warranty bit : recovery

How do I get out of the boot loop? I've read that you can flash stock rom via odin, but all I was trying to do was backup the current one via rom manager from the custom recovery that I had already flashed. I'm thinking I messed up by not manually backing up. Am I screwed? Is there anyone who can help?!? Sorry for being so bad at this.
21st April 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

60 posts
More
so i went ahead and flashed a stock rom and it booted it out of custom recovery boot loop. Didn't want to have to do that but o well.
21st April 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,509

3,698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't use a ROM manager, they are buggy and cause issues. - For future reference to get out of a bootloop just hold volume and power and it'll boot you into either download mode or Recovery mode (depending if you choose Vol UP or DN)

If you got the bootloop by just installing the Custom recovery, reboot the device by taking the battery out and placing it back in and powering up. If that doesn't work, reflash your recovery again and you should be good to go.

As for the recovery is not seandroid enforcing

That is normal behaviour on a Samsung device when you use a custom recovery and nothing to worry about.
22nd April 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Don't use a ROM manager, they are buggy and cause issues. - For future reference to get out of a bootloop just hold volume and power and it'll boot you into either download mode or Recovery mode (depending if you choose Vol UP or DN)

If you got the bootloop by just installing the Custom recovery, reboot the device by taking the battery out and placing it back in and powering up. If that doesn't work, reflash your recovery again and you should be good to go.

As for the recovery is not seandroid enforcing

That is normal behaviour on a Samsung device when you use a custom recovery and nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I'm using TRWP now, I couldn't get philzrecovery cwm to work, nor the other custom recovery cmw. Didn't know you could reflash a recovery. Good to know. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread