TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Hard bricked. Feel terrible

OP mariano54

21st April 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey everyone, so today I was installing a rom on my friend's s3, and it turns out Verizon phones had a locked bootloader, so we managed to brick it. I've been trying to fix it for hours.

I finally found a way to fix it by using an external SD, so I was trying to format my external sd from my s4, in order to use for the bricked s3. I used an app called aparted.

Apparantly, aparted seemed to have deleted my phones partitions, not just the external sd card. Because now I cannot turn on my phone. It is completely unresposive. No odin, no cmw, no lights. I have managed to brick 2 phones in one day. I don't know what to do. Is this fixable with a jtag service? Are there any places that are trustworthy?

Thanks, and please give me some advice...
21st April 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,949

11,310 posts
Check out mobiletechvideos.com

Sent from my Nexus 5
22nd April 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 378

1,179 posts
More
Best buy MAY be able to fix it... Although I think u probably will need JTAG 😞

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hmm
I think I'm just gonna go for the JTAG. I went to a repair store where I live and he said the motherboard was broken.. I think he just had no idea what to do with it, since the charging light didn't go on.

I have seen some ebay sellers with good ratings, that say they provide JTAG service, for around 30 dollars.

These are cheaper than the 60 dollars from mobiletech. What do you guys recommend? Which one has less chance of scamming / more chance of unbricking?

thanks a lot!
22nd April 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,949

11,310 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano54

I think I'm just gonna go for the JTAG. I went to a repair store where I live and he said the motherboard was broken.. I think he just had no idea what to do with it, since the charging light didn't go on.

I have seen some ebay sellers with good ratings, that say they provide JTAG service, for around 30 dollars.

These are cheaper than the 60 dollars from mobiletech. What do you guys recommend? Which one has less chance of scamming / more chance of unbricking?

thanks a lot!

Mobiletechvideos has a good reputation. If they can't fix it they don't charge you

Sent from my Nexus 5
22nd April 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #6  
Flag St.Louis Metro
Thanks Meter: 629

1,163 posts
Donate to Me
More
^ This. They have fixed previous phones for me and they are a very reliable business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd April 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #7  
Flag Naperville
Thanks Meter: 37

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mobiletech is the way to go for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread