Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installable system app?

Tip us?

naheel azawy
Old
Thanks Meter 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2Cause View Post
Nope.
!!!
does any task killer worked with you???
if yes plz give me that apk

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
If it installed, then it's SOMEWHERE... Try this: Use a root explorer to browse through /data/app and see if you see it there. Sometime if the app isn't working right or has the wrong permissions, it'll install but can't see it. Which tool did you use to sign?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Just2Cause
Old
(Last edited by Just2Cause; 22nd April 2014 at 03:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
If it installed, then it's SOMEWHERE... Try this: Use a root explorer to browse through /data/app and see if you see it there. Sometime if the app isn't working right or has the wrong permissions, it'll install but can't see it. Which tool did you use to sign?
The app from play store that you suggested.

Edit:
It is in /data/app with rw-r--r-- permissions so it should work.
I attached the apk just in case if you want to check some things.

Edit 2:
The SystemUI.apk has this line in the AndroidManifest.xml:
Code:
<permission android:name="com.sonymobile.permission.TASK_SWITCHER_PLUGIN_VIEW" android:protectionLevel="signatureOrSystem" />
and this one is in the TaskKiller.apk's AndroidManifest.xml:
Code:
<uses-permission android:name="com.sonymobile.permission.TASK_SWITCHER_PLUGIN_VIEW" />
the TaskKiller is asking for permission from SystemUI instead of framework-res, idk why.
Attached Files
File Type: apk TaskKiller.apk - [Click for QR Code] (30.6 KB, 1 views)
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
I'm thinking that this has to be a system app and tied to SystemUI to function properly. It doesn't seem to have it's own interface which is why no open option when installed and no icon showing.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Just2Cause
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
I'm thinking that this has to be a system app and tied to SystemUI to function properly. It doesn't seem to have it's own interface which is why no open option when installed and no icon showing.
Exactly, but the old apk from the Japanese Z1 is installable.

Does resigning affect that much that it stops working?
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.