Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][i8190]Best modem working in Venezuela plz?

Tip us?

o0chtm0o
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Question [Q][i8190]Best modem working in Venezuela plz?

Hello friends...

My question is for venezuelan people (or someone who really knows about it)
I wonder which is the best modem working in Venezuela for the i8190 international version. Which one provides a good signal and a low battery consumption?

I wait for your opinions! Thanks a lot for your time!

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6540

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0chtm0o View Post
Hello friends...

My question is for venezuelan people (or someone who really knows about it)
I wonder which is the best modem working in Venezuela for the i8190 international version. Which one provides a good signal and a low battery consumption?

I wait for your opinions! Thanks a lot for your time!

Hard to tell you that. Best way, try by yourself. You can find the latest basebands here, have fun.

o0chtm0o
Old
(Last edited by o0chtm0o; 22nd April 2014 at 05:53 PM.) Reason: Question
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post

Hard to tell you that. Best way, try by yourself. You can find the latest basebands here, have fun.
Thank you very much @mauam for your fast answer. I just would like to know some venezuelan opinion, some experience hehe...

But you're right. I'll have to try it by myself. I don't want to excuse myself but the thing is that I almost always use the phone with wifi all day long for giving internet conection to my PC, so, it's kinda difficult to try it by myself

That's one good reason for my question

EDIT: @mauam how can I know/realize which one isn't draining too much my battery? Sometimes you can't see the difference but it has to be, right? Even a little... How can I see that?

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6540

Quote:
Thank you very much @mauam for your fast answer. I just would like to know some venezuelan opinion, some experience hehe...

But you're right. I'll have to try it by myself. I don't want to excuse myself but the thing is that I almost always use the phone with wifi all day long for giving internet conection to my PC, so, it's kinda difficult to try it by myself

That's one good reason for my question

EDIT: @mauam how can I know/realize which one isn't draining too much my battery? Sometimes you can't see the difference but it has to be, right? Even a little... How can I see that?

Don't know, maybe with wakelock detector app. I never feel/realize that my BB drain my battery, anyway. Regarding the BB location, for what I know, even if I'm in the same country as you (& using the same BB), but in different place it can affect the performance of BB. So, again, you need to try by yourself & take your own conclusions about which is the best for you.

o0chtm0o
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

Don't know, maybe with wakelock detector app. I never feel/realize that my BB drain my battery, anyway. Regarding the BB location, for what I know, even if I'm in the same country as you (& using the same BB), but in different place it can affect the performance of BB. So, again, you need to try by yourself & take your own conclusions about which is the best for you.
Data conection drains battery, sometimes more, sometimes less, but drains. I think it has to be with the modem in a way, so... Better modem, better conection, less drains??
In other hands, which kernel do you use? Which one works better for your mini? (sorry, i know i'm off topic but don't want to make a new thread with that question, take it like a personal question )

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6540

Quote:
Data conection drains battery, sometimes more, sometimes less, but drains. I think it has to be with the modem in a way, so... Better modem, better conection, less drains??
In other hands, which kernel do you use? Which one works better for your mini? (sorry, i know i'm off topic but don't want to make a new thread with that question, take it like a personal question )

I use CM11 from novafusion as daily driver (with is own kernel). BTW, better you start to read the XDA rules first. Not allowed to ask which is the best rom/kernel & use the search button before ask something. Don't take me wrong, you're new here so the best is read firstly the rules. Any doubts you can also PM me.

o0chtm0o
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

I use CM11 from novafusion as daily driver (with is own kernel). BTW, better you start to read the XDA rules first. Not allowed to ask which is the best rom/kernel & use the search button before ask something. Don't take me wrong, you're new here so the best is read firstly the rules. Any doubts you can also PM me.
Thank you very much for your time, and thanks for warning. Thanks God i'm not asking which is the best rom or kernel... Just made a concrete question about a concrete geografical zone and modem performance.

Well... I wish some venezuelan partner could shares his own experience.

Greetings!