Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Voicemail issue on Android…

Tip us?

mediawiz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Voicemail issue on Android…

Back on the days before I had an Android phone (ie: Blackberry, Windows Phone, flip-phone, … ) if I got a voicemail I could play it and it would get flagged as READ, and I would not continue to get notified about that voicemail (that I have new voicemail).

Note that after having played a voicemail I sometimes wish to save it so that I can't listen to it again at a later date.

Ever since I got an Android phone, if I get a voicemail, I will continue to get notifications about that voicemail, even if I have played it, until I delete it.

Anyone know how to get the notifications about old voicemails to stop ???

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,128

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediawiz View Post
Back on the days before I had an Android phone (ie: Blackberry, Windows Phone, flip-phone, … ) if I got a voicemail I could play it and it would get flagged as READ, and I would not continue to get notified about that voicemail (that I have new voicemail).

Note that after having played a voicemail I sometimes wish to save it so that I can't listen to it again at a later date.

Ever since I got an Android phone, if I get a voicemail, I will continue to get notifications about that voicemail, even if I have played it, until I delete it.

Anyone know how to get the notifications about old voicemails to stop ???
I don't seem to have this issue. I have a few that I have kept and only get a notification if there are any unheard.

Bat cave One

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly