No registration required

[Q] Change device resolution? (not DPI)

OP mr_pablo

22nd April 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

98 posts
Not sure if this is the correct forum, so please move it if need be

I am looking to change the resolution of a tablet, but so it is persitent (I am currently in a position to change the firmware, so maybe a build prop setting or init.rc?)

I can change the resolution using "am display-size widthxheight" but this does not persist through a reboot.

Is there a way to set it at firmware level?

I have tried various DPI settings, but I know it must be a resolution change, as I need to be able ot set it specifically to 1280x720.

Not sure what the original resolution is, but changing the DPI lower or higher does not change the fact I cannot view a 1280x720 image, at 100%, without scrolling.

Might it be the case I need to make a system app to run the "am display-size" command on boot?
22nd April 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_pablo

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so please move it if need be

I am looking to change the resolution of a tablet, but so it is persitent (I am currently in a position to change the firmware, so maybe a build prop setting or init.rc?)

I can change the resolution using "am display-size widthxheight" but this does not persist through a reboot.

Is there a way to set it at firmware level?

I have tried various DPI settings, but I know it must be a resolution change, as I need to be able ot set it specifically to 1280x720.

Not sure what the original resolution is, but changing the DPI lower or higher does not change the fact I cannot view a 1280x720 image, at 100%, without scrolling.

Might it be the case I need to make a system app to run the "am display-size" command on boot?

its not recommended to change your resolution, i have bricked my galaxy tab before and was luckily able to recover it. what device do you have? hopefully its a first party like samsung otherwise Chinese tablets you shouldn't mess with them, the chip-set is not open source so its easy to brick.
22nd April 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

16 posts
Smile helped
this thread helped me alot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread