Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP Lockscreen Carrier Text

Tip us?
 
Chilidog
Old
(Last edited by Chilidog; 22nd April 2014 at 06:49 PM.)
#1  
Chilidog's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 562
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default AOSP Lockscreen Carrier Text

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Verizon wireless branding at the bottom of the lockscreen?
 
andybones
Old
#2  
andybones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8863
Posts: 9,215
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
Does anyone know how to get rid of the Verizon wireless branding at the bottom of the lockscreen?
smali code edit to HTCLockScreen.apk
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
 
Chilidog
Old
#3  
Chilidog's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 562
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
smali code edit to HTCLockScreen.apk
I have that uninstalled, I mean on the stock lockscreen.
 
synisterwolf
Old
#4  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2120
Posts: 6,285
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
I have that uninstalled, I mean on the stock lockscreen.
framework-res.apk
edit eri.xml
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
 
Chilidog
Old
#5  
Chilidog's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 562
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
framework-res.apk
edit eri.xml
How do you edit an apk?
 
synisterwolf
Old
#6  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2120
Posts: 6,285
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
How do you edit an apk?
if this is your first time doing it i suggest using this tool:

http://www.virtuous-ten-studio.com/

this will decompile the apk and has a built in text editor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Chilidog
Old
#7  
Chilidog's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 562
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
if this is your first time doing it i suggest using this tool:

http://www.virtuous-ten-studio.com/

this will decompile the apk and has a built in text editor.
I didn't see anything that said Verizon wireless in the eri.xml. When I have the Sense Lockscreen on its not there, only on the stock one.
 
Chilidog
Old
#8  
Chilidog's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 562
Join Date: Oct 2013
Bump, anyone with any ideas that can help would be much appreciated.
 
santod040
Old
#9  
santod040's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7323
Posts: 5,663
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NorCal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
Bump, anyone with any ideas that can help would be much appreciated.
What rom are you running?
Most Aosp roms have the option to customize the Carrier text.
If the rom does not have that option, Gravity Box should work for you.
Lockscreen Tweaks > Custom Carrier Text
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One | HTC One (2014)


Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!


 
Chilidog
Old
#10  
Chilidog's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 562
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
What rom are you running?
Most Aosp roms have the option to customize the Carrier text.
If the rom does not have that option, Gravity Box should work for you.
Lockscreen Tweaks > Custom Carrier Text
I'm on EclipticONE6 but using the stock lockscreen instead of the Sense one. I would like to just edit some code somewhere instead of running gravity box

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more

Automate Your Device with Sfen

Changing the profile of yourdevice manually is now long forgotten. Since the advent of Android automation … more