Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't recieve MMS or send MMS on stock Android

Tip us?
 
ThePwnie
Old
(Last edited by ThePwnie; 21st April 2014 at 05:09 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Can't recieve MMS or send MMS on stock Android

Before, I was using sense 6.0 and MMS was working very well. I can use data and wifi at the same time to recieve or send MMS, and it was quick. I converted my phone to GPE, and now it MMS seems to not work. I know I'm recieving it but it never goes through. Any help? Is there a way I can use data and wifi to recieve MMS just like using Sense?


EDIT: LET ME REPHRASE IT. I can recieve or send MMS but only on LTE. With sense ROM when I'm recieving MMS on WiFi, it switches to LTE to recieve or send MMS. It doesn't work on stock Android. How do I do this on stock Android?
 
exad
Old
#2  
exad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1401
Posts: 3,339
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnie View Post
Before, I was using sense 6.0 and MMS was working very well. I can use data and wifi at the same time to recieve or send MMS, and it was quick. I converted my phone to GPE, and now it MMS seems to not work. I know I'm recieving it but it never goes through. Any help? Is there a way I can use data and wifi to recieve MMS just like using Sense?
Did you set up the correct APN settings for your carrier?
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 Everything Explained Thread

 
ThePwnie
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
Did you set up the correct APN settings for your carrier?
I believe so. I'm using T-Mobile.
 
ThePwnie
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Nov 2012
I'm also on WiFi.
 
Wizard Knight
Old
#5  
Wizard Knight's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 967
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Mms sends over cell service, not wifi. The reason it worked on the sense rom is that the sense messenger is designed to send it over cell. So even if you're on wifi, it's sending the mms over cell using a background service.

Messengers available on the market don't do this... I think because it would require root access but I never looked I to it so I'm not totally sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
ThePwnie
Old
(Last edited by ThePwnie; 21st April 2014 at 05:15 AM.) Reason: quote
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Knight View Post
Mms sends over cell service, not wifi. The reason it worked on the sense rom is that the sense messenger is designed to send it over cell. So even if you're on wifi, it's sending the mms over cell using a background service.

Messengers available on the market don't do this... I think because it would require root access but I never looked I to it so I'm not totally sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk



Thanks, I realized this. I do have root access, and if you can post me a messenger app that works like sense messenger that would be great!
 
Rouleaux
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnie View Post
Thanks, I realized this. I do have root access, and if you can post me a messenger app that works like sense messenger that would be great!
Bumping this up, I'm having the same trouble, running T-Mobile LTE/Wifi on my unlocked ATT HTC One M8.
Looked up several apn settings still no luck, anyone wanna post their tmobile m8's apn to compare mine? For some reason I don't get the option to select ipv4 or ipv6 in my apn settings which I think is my issue, but then again who knows. :/
I'm receiving, but I can't download them to display or send them via both LTE and wifi.
Just seeking help on my first android

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more