Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pc not reading my s3

Tip us?
 
i.love.my.galaxy
Old
#1  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 257
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Pc not reading my s3

K guys I have an S3 and its 4.3 stock rooted . For some reason my pc has stopped reading / recognizing it.

I remember it working fine at first being connected to my PC and the drivers installed on their own and it allowed me to transfer files between the two simply connected via USB. However one day this stopped happening and my computer does not recognise my S3 at all, i've uninstalled and installed USB drivers multiple times along with KIES with no luck at all.

My pc is also running windows 8 ver 8.1

Ive have tried searching this issue and all I keep getting is old reports from 2011! And nothing really solving the issue

Any advice / help / tips would be wonderful

Thanks

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy s3 Protected by Otterbox Armor
 
AASonyKK
Old
#2  
AASonyKK's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 94
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Imola

 
DONATE TO ME
Have you tried to connect your S3 to another PC? With this test you can understand if the problem is with your PC or your phone.
If you need to take notes organized and safely encrypted with password check my new application Note Crypt!

 
i.love.my.galaxy
Old
#3  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 257
Join Date: Dec 2013
Hmm... no I havent tried that

Unfortunately all my friends and family live so far from me I really dont have another one to use

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy s3 Protected by Otterbox Armor
 
MrWBucket
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by i.love.my.galaxy View Post
K guys I have an S3 and its 4.3 stock rooted . For some reason my pc has stopped reading / recognizing it.

I remember it working fine at first being connected to my PC and the drivers installed on their own and it allowed me to transfer files between the two simply connected via USB. However one day this stopped happening and my computer does not recognise my S3 at all, i've uninstalled and installed USB drivers multiple times along with KIES with no luck at all.

My pc is also running windows 8 ver 8.1

Ive have tried searching this issue and all I keep getting is old reports from 2011! And nothing really solving the issue

Any advice / help / tips would be wonderful

Thanks

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy s3 Protected by Otterbox Armor
I've had that issue with several PCs. Have you tried going into Developer Options and either enabling or disabling USB debugging? I've had some that like it enabled and some that don't. Actually my main PC goes back and forth on that one. Also, have you tried a different cable?
 
i.love.my.galaxy
Old
#5  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 257
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWBucket View Post
I've had that issue with several PCs. Have you tried going into Developer Options and either enabling or disabling USB debugging? I've had some that like it enabled and some that don't. Actually my main PC goes back and forth on that one. Also, have you tried a different cable?
Yeah I have tried four different cables four different brands

And Ill have to try the debugging

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy s3 Protected by Otterbox Armor
 
dirkdigles
Old
(Last edited by dirkdigles; 22nd April 2014 at 07:13 PM.)
#6  
dirkdigles's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 405
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
I'm having the same issue. USB debugging on or off, my S3 stopped being recognized by my PC. It used to be just fine. IIRC, when I installed the MK3 kernel from here was the last major change to my phone. I think it was sometime after that it stopped being recognized. Haven't found a solution.
If my post helped you, hit the thanks button!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-i747
ROM: Stock NE4 Debloated
Kernel: Stock or KT747
The Following User Says Thank You to dirkdigles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bilgerryan
Old
(Last edited by bilgerryan; 22nd April 2014 at 07:38 PM.)
#7  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 26,478
Posts: 14,889
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Garrett, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdigles View Post
I'm having the same issue. USB debugging on or off, my S3 stopped being recognized by my PC. It used to be just fine. IIRC, when I installed the MK3 kernel from here was the last major change to my phone. I think it was sometime after that it stopped being recognized. Haven't found a solution.
Your link leads to this thread

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dirkdigles
Old
(Last edited by dirkdigles; 22nd April 2014 at 07:16 PM.)
#8  
dirkdigles's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 405
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
You're link leads to this thread

Fixed

EDIT: Strange, just installed rev2 of that kernel and now I can access my phone's storage through my PC as I could before. Not sure what the change was but it worked.
If my post helped you, hit the thanks button!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-i747
ROM: Stock NE4 Debloated
Kernel: Stock or KT747

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkdigles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes