Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Combination of Software for Stability?

Tip us?

GoodTimesDT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Best Combination of Software for Stability?

I feel like I have tried several different ROMs and combinations of software and have yet to find anything stable to my liking. So I wanted to ask all of you what you're using and/or recommend. I am currently running CM11 M5 with crpalmer's CM11 kernel 5.7.6 with the 2.04 hboot and radio. So far the results are the best I've seen, but I still have have data drops that require rebooting and the occasional wifi disconnections (mostly while the device is asleep). The most annoying is the periodic reboots that I have to do in order to restore data, but at least it seems less often with previous setups I've run.

So I'm curious to see what your daily driver is.. I prefer CM, but I'm open to just about anything that's stable. I'm seriously debating downgrading my device, but with the KitKat update supposedly right around the corner, I'm trying to hold on in hopes of some more (stable) development.

Thanks!

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesDT View Post
I feel like I have tried several different ROMs and combinations of software and have yet to find anything stable to my liking. So I wanted to ask all of you what you're using and/or recommend. I am currently running CM11 M5 with crpalmer's CM11 kernel 5.7.6 with the 2.04 hboot and radio. So far the results are the best I've seen, but I still have have data drops that require rebooting and the occasional wifi disconnections (mostly while the device is asleep). The most annoying is the periodic reboots that I have to do in order to restore data, but at least it seems less often with previous setups I've run.

So I'm curious to see what your daily driver is.. I prefer CM, but I'm open to just about anything that's stable. I'm seriously debating downgrading my device, but with the KitKat update supposedly right around the corner, I'm trying to hold on in hopes of some more (stable) development.

Thanks!
I run the gpe edition from santod. It's stable and has the stock feel if that's what your looking for. I also have used the venom rom for a long time. It's very stable and I always find myself going back to this one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RLGL
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Viper 2.5
Asus Transformer TF 700 CleanROM Inheritance 3.3
Moonshined HTC DNA
Retired: HTC Thunderbolt InfectedRom Eternity

zandarillis
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Venom 2.5 is going to be most stable. But santod has really solid roms. I have trouble running sense for any length of time, so I'm running his GPE rom.

I see santod also just posted an update for Liquidsmooth, always had very good luck with it and will definitely be trying it out.