Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4-21-14 Flashed custom kernal, now no radio

Tip us?
 
Adambolic
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default [Q] 4-21-14 Flashed custom kernal, now no radio

Today after using custom ROM for a couple days, decided to flash a new custom kernal. Now, I have no radio signal and continual htcdialer FC. I apologize for being new to HTC One and not familiar with it. I am willing to pay for time and assistance as I would to get this solved as soon as possible. I have TeamViewer if needed and is easier to provide help.
 
alray
Old
#2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1012
Posts: 2,614
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adambolic View Post
Today after using custom ROM for a couple days, decided to flash a new custom kernal. Now, I have no radio signal and continual htcdialer FC. I apologize for being new to HTC One and not familiar with it. I am willing to pay for time and assistance as I would to get this solved as soon as possible. I have TeamViewer if needed and is easier to provide help.
Will be easier to help you if you post more information about your phone:
  • the output of fastboot getvar all (except IMEI and SN)
  • Which rom you are using and its version
  • Which Kernel and its version
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
 
Adambolic
Old
(Last edited by Adambolic; 22nd April 2014 at 04:08 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Will be easier to help you if you post more information about your phone:
  • the output of fastboot getvar all (except IMEI and SN)
  • Which rom you are using and its version
  • Which Kernel and its version
Thank you for responding. Here is the info from getvar
C:\android-sdk\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.06.651.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 99000146069051
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4036mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0


ROM is ViperOne 6.1.0 device worked fine, but then I got cute and decided to flash new kernel, Kangaroo Kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2564895. Since then no radio and FC of htc.dialer. Device boots, get to lock screen, unlock, then is white with green HTC logo. Eventually it gets to setup, but I can't finish it because the device reboots on its own randomly. I can provide screenshots if necessary

Again thank you for your assistance.
 
alray
Old
#4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1012
Posts: 2,614
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adambolic View Post
Thank you for responding. Here is the info from getvar
C:\android-sdk\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.06.651.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 99000146069051
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4036mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0


ROM is ViperOne 6.1.0 device worked fine, but then I got cute and decided to flash new kernel, Kangaroo Kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2564895. Since then no radio and FC of htc.dialer. Device boots, get to lock screen, unlock, then is white with green HTC logo. Eventually it gets to setup, but I can't finish it because the device reboots on its own randomly. I can provide screenshots if necessary

Again thank you for your assistance.
The kernel you flashed is a M7_UL kernel not for M7_WLS (sprint). always make sure you flash things intended for the M7WLS or you could brick your phone. Now flash your stock kernel back or M7WLS compatible kernel and cross your fingers everything come back to normal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-htc-one#kernels
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
 
Adambolic
Old
(Last edited by Adambolic; 22nd April 2014 at 04:34 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
The kernel you flashed is a M7_UL kernel not for M7_WLS (sprint). always make sure you flash things intended for the M7WLS or you could brick your phone. Now flash your stock kernel back or M7WLS compatible kernel and cross your fingers everything come back to normal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-htc-one#kernels
What a Noob mistake. I will try flashing a stock kernel, then post with results. Since the device has trouble staying on to transfer files, will it work if I rename kernel to update.zip and use sideload?
 
Adambolic
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2012
I was able to flash kernel, then also tried flashing a ROM RageOne_m7wls_v1.7.0.1, both with the same result. After the phone boots, the lockscreen shows, but then when I slide up to unlock, it is just a white screen HTC logo. Please let me know what other information you. Also I have been searching online and most results point to flashing a radio file. Thanks again for your time.
 
BenPope
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 933
Posts: 3,603
Join Date: Dec 2007
Which recovery are you using?
 
Adambolic
Old
(Last edited by Adambolic; 22nd April 2014 at 11:27 PM.) Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
Which recovery are you using?
Thank you for responding, I am using TWRP 2.6.3

EDIT:

I was able to solve my problem with this topic...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2503646

Great help and communication with topic mod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more