(ROM) MegaFire Mj2 Deodex i9205 V7/V7X

Tip us?

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC FLMJ1G View Post
It has nothing to do with WiFi. I could be out and about and the bars look fine, even says LTE, but I can't surf or use any internet.

It's not your ROM as it happened with the stock ROM as well. It's a Lil frustrating as I could be doing something an poof, no more internet even with full bars. Tried different APN # too and still happens from time to time.
What carrier are you on by chance? This sounds oddly familiar to my friend who has sprint...they're converting to lte so his system does the same thing constantly but it's only on mobile data and Voice. ..dropped calls where there was coverage, 5 bars to dead zone in the distance of a few feet. ...the difference is we know sprint is in the midst of a major upgrade and conversion to the actual system...unfortunately the only only other option from what your sounds like if not the system, is the mega itself...the hardware. ...anything happening on my roms and the stock rom point in that direction...i wasn't aware of that in the first post or i would have said the same thing...my rule of thumb...an issue on 1 rom is an anomaly, 2 roms is an issue, custom and stock. ..hardware....unless its a known issue carried over from stock rom to the custom rom....this is just in my experience tho so take it for what it's worth hopefully it not in this case bro

Mega

MC FLMJ1G
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14 View Post
What carrier are you on by chance? This sounds oddly familiar to my friend who has sprint...they're converting to lte so his system does the same thing constantly but it's only on mobile data and Voice. ..dropped calls where there was coverage, 5 bars to dead zone in the distance of a few feet. ...the difference is we know sprint is in the midst of a major upgrade and conversion to the actual system...unfortunately the only only other option from what your sounds like if not the system, is the mega itself...the hardware. ...anything happening on my roms and the stock rom point in that direction...i wasn't aware of that in the first post or i would have said the same thing...my rule of thumb...an issue on 1 rom is an anomaly, 2 roms is an issue, custom and stock. ..hardware....unless its a known issue carried over from stock rom to the custom rom....this is just in my experience tho so take it for what it's worth hopefully it not in this case bro

Mega
It's not T-Mobile as that issue did not happen with the Note 3 I had. I'll just deal with it for now as annoying as it may be. It is usually a 1x a day thing.

I downloaded V7X and when I have time will install it. So far the stock rom with the bloat frozen is running ok.

Thanks
Follower of YAH.

FLMJ1G Level 8 Resistance.

Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-M819 with MegaFire Rom > Makes the Mega usable!!!

megalomanic14
Old
(Last edited by megalomanic14; 21st April 2014 at 09:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1022
Quote:
It's not T-Mobile as that issue did not happen with the Note 3 I had. I'll just deal with it for now as annoying as it may be. It is usually a 1x a day thing.

I downloaded V7X and when I have time will install it. So far the stock rom with the bloat frozen is running ok.

Thanks
Oh your on tmobile lol there's your problem...my buddy with the Mega on sprint works for tmobile here in oh lol...he carries a sprint line...I'm not saying thats your problem since you already know the issues with tmobile...who knows man

Mega

I'm not really clear on what your doing when this happens...are you downloading, browsing or what? When your data cuts out maybe that'll help us narrow down the cause if possible

Traine
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Will a log cat will help his problem?

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
LOTUS - Let Only The Users Suffer

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traine View Post
Will a log cat will help his problem?

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Doubtful...if it was a software thing then for sure...but I'm guessing given what info I know...it's either a signal issue with tmo and the Mega, the sim or sim tray, or another hardware element...i hesitate to say it's the mega and or software given the fact it happens maybe 1 time a day and only of tmo data...that's why I'm leaning toward the system...typically software or hardware issues are on or off...very very rarely do you get a single failure that recovers in this fashion...especially on some sort of consistent basis...it just doesn't add up

Mega

MC FLMJ1G
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14 View Post
Oh your on tmobile lol there's your problem...my buddy with the Mega on sprint works for tmobile here in oh lol...he carries a sprint line...I'm not saying thats your problem since you already know the issues with tmobile...who knows man

Mega

I'm not really clear on what your doing when this happens...are you downloading, browsing or what? When your data cuts out maybe that'll help us narrow down the cause if possible
when I had the note 3 I did not have That issue.

Now i could be browsing and it will stop. I could be on the Facebook app and it will stop. Its random and I have not figured it out yet.

I do recall having an issue when I was in the office where there was no signal And then going outside to where there was good signal and the phone not picking up LTE or 4G. I remember having that issue but I don't recall if it was on the note 3 or if its on stock Rom for the mega.

I do know that the best service was with the mega fire rom.
Follower of YAH.

FLMJ1G Level 8 Resistance.

Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-M819 with MegaFire Rom > Makes the Mega usable!!!

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1022
Quote:
when I had the note 3 I did not have That issue.

Now i could be browsing and it will stop. I could be on the Facebook app and it will stop. Its random and I have not figured it out yet.

I do recall having an issue when I was in the office where there was no signal And then going outside to where there was good signal and the phone not picking up LTE or 4G. I remember having that issue but I don't recall if it was on the note 3 or if its on stock Rom for the mega.

I do know that the best service was with the mega fire rom.
Damn dude that's so weird...I've only heard of something like this one other time...back on my old note 1 i remember trying to help a dude with a similar situation but it's been years ago...hopefully flashing v7 will sort it out otherwise i hate to go there but at that point across several roms...it's the hardware...let's hope not

Mega

jotekman
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Hey by the way, I got my wakelocks down to 13%, which is a hell of a lot better than 30! Most are now coming from an xposed app called intelli3g, but the 2g signal strength makes up for the loss i have for poor 3g signal areas ( like the apartment ) I am using tasker for a few things too and think I can cut out most of the other wakelocks by judicious use of that app. Still learning though Thanks for all your help! Oh yeah, by the way, unfortunately Zooper widget (pro) was one of the big culprits, and its not really something you can greenify if you want weather services. Just fyi

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
PHONE: Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9205
BUILD:★★★★ MegaFire Mj2 Deodex i9205 v7X
RADIO:NA2
BOOTLOADER:Unlocked
KERNEL:Stock
SD:16GB Class 10 Samsung

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotekman View Post
Hey by the way, I got my wakelocks down to 13%, which is a hell of a lot better than 30! Most are now coming from an xposed app called intelli3g, but the 2g signal strength makes up for the loss i have for poor 3g signal areas ( like the apartment ) I am using tasker for a few things too and think I can cut out most of the other wakelocks by judicious use of that app. Still learning though Thanks for all your help! Oh yeah, by the way, unfortunately Zooper widget (pro) was one of the big culprits, and its not really something you can greenify if you want weather services. Just fyi

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No problem...yea that's the trade off for widgets like HD widgets or android weather service...but if you only have one or 2 it's ok I still get 10 days of standby with android weather which is about 1500 wakes a day but it's my only heavy runner...so use the numbers as a guide in wake lock vs the real world battery use....because sometimes people get sidetracked on wake locks and don't realize they're getting like 5 or 6 hours of screen on time a day so just use a little context and a little common sense between wake lock detector and battery manager in settings...everyone will have a unique setup but you should never have to worry about your battery again once you get it setup

Mega