Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How I saved money buying my M8 and then switching to a Framily plan.

Tip us?

utnick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147
Default How I saved money buying my M8 and then switching to a Framily plan.

I figured I would share this because it saved me (or will save) some money. I was planning on switching to a Framily plan to lower the bill significantly and was told about how phone upgrading is different on that plan. You pay full price, put down 15% and the rest is split between 24 payments on your bill. So on a $650 phone with $200 down the payment is about $19 a month for 24 months. However, if you purchase the phone with your existing contract upgrade and then switch to Frankly you only pay a $15 a month fee for the upgrade. The best part is that if you are paying for unlimited data you only pay that $15 for one year. Unfortunately, if you don't pay for unlimited data then you're paying $15 for two years. For many though it's still the better deal. Paying $4 less a month for two years adds up. Or only paying the fee for one year saves even more.

Also, I was told using a discount for belonging to a credit union gets activation fees waived automagically so I switched my discount to the credit union since my original discount didn't provide me the waiving of activation fees.

So after getting the phone on Amazon for $150 I ended up (or will) saving a chunk of change switching to a Framily plan.

I didn't proofread this. Posting from my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to utnick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stovo06
Old
Thanks Meter 108
I put 100 down and my payment is only 20. Edit: doesn't add up to 649 though.
And they told me it wasn't possible to upgrade with an early upgrade fee. Figured they were full of **** cause they usually don't know what they're talking about.

Sent from my M8 only on the XDA & MikForums
Check out TheMikMik