Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Info+Q] Optimus G battery

Tip us?

kt-Froggy
Old
(Last edited by kt-Froggy; 22nd April 2014 at 07:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by akahroba View Post
and you've never seen any acceleration in charging time? So, it's just a common mistake that people say higher Amp-rated charger results in faster charge?
As I said before, it really depends what exact Amp ratings you are comparing... If a charger is rated lower that a phone's charging circuit, it will certainly underperform, and will charge slowly. But if your charger's rating matches or exceeds the charging current required by phone, then it makes no difference.

I personally don't have an OG stock charger, so I don't have any experience using a charger rated specifically at 1.2A. I only have USB chargers rated at 700mA, 850mA, 1A and 2A. Plus, an assortment of other power supplies rated anywhere from 2A to 30A. Of course, I do see a faster charging when going from 700mA charger to 1A, and then to 2A, because the first two are under-rated compared to the phone's specs. However, once I go with 2A or the higher rated power sources, there's no difference at all.

Hope that explains it.
Optimus G F180S, VDT V23 (KK 4.4.2)
Galaxy S5, rooted stock 4.4.2
Venue 8, rooted stock 4.4.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akahroba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
As I said before, it really depends what exact Amp ratings you are comparing... If a charger is rated lower that a phone's charging circuit, it will certainly underperform, and will charge slowly. But if your charger's rating matches or exceeds the charging current required by phone, then it makes no difference.

I personally don't have an OG stock charger, so I don't have any experience using a charger rated specifically at 1.2A. I only have USB chargers rated at 700mA, 850mA, 1A and 2A. Plus, an assortment of other power supplies rated anywhere from 2A to 30A. Of course, I do see a faster charging when going from 700mA charger to 1A, and then to 2A, because the first two are under-rated compared to the phone's specs. However, once I go with 2A or the higher rated power sources, there's no difference at all.

Hope that explains it.
Yes, the last sentence clarified it. Thanks alot mate.