XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I stop ATT update?

Tip us?

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1990

DONATE TO ME
If you have a custom recovery, the update should fail the install with an error 7. However, I would still completely start from scratch by using Odin to get a clean slate without an update. You could actually use Kies and do the emergency restore. Whatever you do, do not boot the phone into the OS until it has been completely wiped by either Odin or Kies. Only download mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2230

DONATE TO ME
boot into recovery and in twrp manually go erase the update.zip from cache/fota. Then wipe cache before rebooting. That, or flash the PIT file. I posted directions on how to extract the stock signed PIT file but you'll probably need someone to extract one for you since you dont want to boot to Android yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1990

DONATE TO ME
Oh yeah. TWRP has a file manager. Delete the update and then boot the OS and use Titanium Backup to delete the OTA stuff

the_windrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
boot into recovery and in twrp manually go erase the update.zip from cache/fota. Then wipe cache before rebooting. That, or flash the PIT file. I posted directions on how to extract the stock signed PIT file but you'll probably need someone to extract one for you since you dont want to boot to Android yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
Oh yeah. TWRP has a file manager. Delete the update and then boot the OS and use Titanium Backup to delete the OTA stuff

Sweet so by doing this I don't have to Odin back to stock?

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1990

DONATE TO ME
Essentially.

The Following User Says Thank You to graydiggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the_windrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you everyone so much for your help. I seem to have got it all sorted out, don't see any changes to the baseband version and still have root access.

Thanks again.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2273
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windrammer View Post
Thank you everyone so much for your help. I seem to have got it all sorted out, don't see any changes to the baseband version and still have root access.

Thanks again.
Glad you got it worked out. You had the A team, surge and graydiggy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tjf1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default a different approach w/ i537 jb4.2.2

on topic but with different variables... I'm not finding a detailed post on the best way to stop ATT update immediately after rooting the i537 jb4.2.2

Can someone link me here please?

Not sure if I should just delete the app or go the root explorer route and delete the knox file (not sure if that is the only file to remove either?)

I have compiled all my notes at: freehelpinghands.wordpress DOT com/2013/12/15/best-way-to-unlock-root-a-new-phone/

and the answer to my question above will likely be answered by the time this is being read.