Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reinstall Firmware (GT-S5360) via Kies

Tip us?

sarlind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Reinstall Firmware (GT-S5360) via Kies

Hi, this is my first post!
I have a Samsung GT-S5360 smartphone , untouched (with official firmware). Gingerbread 2.3.6 (latest firmware).
For some reasons i want to reinstall firmware via Kies, not from Odin... Is that possible?
I followed this method but dont work becouse it is for Galaxy S3 Smartphone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...mware-t1978840
Kies shows me : Error - GT-S5360 does not support initialization
I have original USB Cable and latest kies.
Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarlind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,402
odin is much eaiser and quicker
kies really isnt worth bothering with

you can find the firmware
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568853

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalKill
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlind View Post
Hi, this is my first post!
I have a Samsung GT-S5360 smartphone , untouched (with official firmware). Gingerbread 2.3.6 (latest firmware).
For some reasons i want to reinstall firmware via Kies, not from Odin... Is that possible?
I followed this method but dont work becouse it is for Galaxy S3 Smartphone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...mware-t1978840
Kies shows me : Error - GT-S5360 does not support initialization
I have original USB Cable and latest kies.
Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english!
You can but it's harder than flashing via odin. Odin just need less than a minute

IT'S NOT ABOUT RECOGNITION OR
THE NUMBER OF THANKS YOU
RECEIVE, IT'S ABOUT THE
CONTRIBUTION YOU GIVE TO THE
COMMUNITY.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GalKill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 436
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
You must use Odin.

Kies does not support Galaxy y
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sarlind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks all you guys for help!
I will try odin
The Following User Says Thank You to sarlind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sarlind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Ancie

I cant do with odin. I have downloaded Odin3 V3.09, official firmware from sammobile "S5360_XXMC2_OXFMC1_XXMC2", all drivers are installed correctly but when i put the S5360_XXMC2_OXFMC1_XXMC2 file into "AP" it odin stuck at "Leave CS.." . I have tried older odin (3.07, 1.85, 1.84) Same problem again. Tried on different usb ports/computer and nothing. Where can i download the original firmware (3 files "csc-modem-pda" not 1 as sammobile firmwares) for my GT-S5360 ?
Here it is a broken link from samsung-updates samsung-updates.com/details/13437/Galaxy_Y/GT-S5360/ALB/S5360XXMC2.html

Thanks!
Sorry for bad english.

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlind View Post
I cant do with odin. I have downloaded Odin3 V3.09, official firmware from sammobile "S5360_XXMC2_OXFMC1_XXMC2", all drivers are installed correctly but when i put the S5360_XXMC2_OXFMC1_XXMC2 file into "AP" it odin stuck at "Leave CS.." . I have tried older odin (3.07, 1.85, 1.84) Same problem again. Tried on different usb ports/computer and nothing. Where can i download the original firmware (3 files "csc-modem-pda" not 1 as sammobile firmwares) for my GT-S5360 ?
Here it is a broken link from samsung-updates samsung-updates.com/details/13437/Galaxy_Y/GT-S5360/ALB/S5360XXMC2.html

Thanks!
Sorry for bad english.
if you download firmware from sammobile you need to split the firmware using splitfus2

however - as im amazing iv already split firmware for you and iv written a guide on using splitfus2 if the firmware you want isnt on my thread

all links as usual are in my signature or click
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568853
to goto my firmware thread

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!

shadman0
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 117
Odin is easy formula Just downloads the firmware given the given link by sir marcussmith flow the instruction one by one

sarlind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks marcussmith!! Everything works like a charm. Now i can use my S5360 as new Thanks!