Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 40,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help please stable KitKat

Tip us?

ferfy67
Old
(Last edited by ferfy67; 21st April 2014 at 07:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help please stable KitKat

I am rooted and on ToxicSwamp MJ4.. I do not care about tripping Knox. I would like to know if there is a stable KitKat and if so how do I get there from here. Do I need to go back to just plain stock rooted MJ4 or is it stock unrooted MJ4? And do I use unrooted recovery or TWRP? And bootloader. .. and Kernal? Things are changing so quickly it seems and I'm getting further and further behind. As you can tell I'm also more and more confused.
If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Please try to excuse the noob-ness of it all.
Thanks
J

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bowhunt2005
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Check out the kitkatkiller thread. Go back a page or 2 from the end. Micmars has a good write up there that should help. Kitkatkiller is currently a test version but it is very reliable and I personally haven't had any issues. Be sure to thank those guys over there. It goes a long ways

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Use the thanks button... its the least us noobs can do
The Following User Says Thank You to bowhunt2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ferfy67
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you! I'll check it out. Really appreciate the help and the point in the right direction.
J

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rpenrod23
Old
Thanks Meter 340
I would also highly recommend Freeza's fre3 ROM, found in development section. A few minor tweaks and OUTSTANDING battery life.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy Note 3

Retired: Motorola Q --> HTC Touch Pro --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO 4G --> HTC EVO 3D --> HTC EVO 4G LTE --> Samsung Galaxy S4 --> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
------------------------------------------------------

Lo0da
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunt2005 View Post
Check out the kitkatkiller thread. Go back a page or 2 from the end. Micmars has a good write up there that should help. Kitkatkiller is currently a test version but it is very reliable and I personally haven't had any issues. Be sure to thank those guys over there. It goes a long ways

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
I tried going in there but i cant post there i would love to thank those guys but i also have questions and to go through 115 pages of comments... its way too much time to use on that.