5,603,729 Members 37,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What made you visit XDA for the first time?

Tip us?

eagleeyetom
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA News Writer - Lost in Amsterdam
Thanks Meter 10908

DONATE TO ME
It's been a funny story. I was an user of Sony Ericsson C702 and decided to buy a phone with so called Android. I had not too much money so I got Xperia X8 and my buddy @Anomalious told me about XDA Developers. So I actually registered a week or two before getting the phone and read all the rooting things etc. Boy, it was fun.

Actually my first post was about some problems with MiniCM ROM and I got flamed at the same day. But I decided to contribute and became a mod in time.

Fun, and sentimental thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

friedrich420
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom View Post
It's been a funny story. I was an user of Sony Ericsson C702 and decided to buy a phone with so called Android. I had not too much money so I got Xperia X8 and my buddy @Anomalious told me about XDA Developers. So I actually registered a week or two before getting the phone and read all the rooting things etc. Boy, it was fun.

Actually my first post was about some problems with MiniCM ROM and I got flamed at the same day. But I decided to contribute and became a mod in time.

Fun, and sentimental thread
That was awesome lol
A very nice travel back in history

Its great for new members to see that imo!! It shows that if someone is serious about it, helpful, willing to read and read and read and learn then ANYTHING is possible!! I got ridiculed (i couldnt believe it tbh) on a Rom thread when i showed the theme i flashed for that Rom and that was one of the main reasons I decided to try to "create" my own roms

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls" - Joseph Campbell

My Projects:

ravhi1044
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For ask question on samsung galaxy tab forum, but i cannot post in development forum coz my post does not enough

bupkus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My gf and I bought 3 HP Touchpads all of which have been sold, some with Tenderloin ROMs. I still offer support including ROM updates.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

dawnbudgie1306
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wink Just Built My First PC

I just built my first PC & the guy who helped me assemble it told me I need to hang out here and learn more for the next time.

I7-4770 CPU
16 GB-PC-1600 dual channel memory
250GB Samsung 840EVO SSD
Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard

Hoping to learn and not be a pain in the arse while I'm doing it.

kulshan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the roms

gamerkram
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked phone

I bricked my phone, and my friend says to be able to repair it I will go to this site and read the threads.

KidCarter93
Old
(Last edited by KidCarter93; Yesterday at 09:39 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6448
My journey to finding out about XDA and becoming a member here started in late 2011.

After previously only owning Sony Ericsson's and Symbian devices, I got myself the Xperia X8. At that point I had no idea what Android was or the potential of it. My good friend @bbeanss also had the X8 at that point but the setup on his was much different to mine and I didn't know why. I got home that day and had a browse through Google and came across different launchers to completely overhaul how the UI looks.
After testing out different launchers, I noticed that it still wasn't quite the same so I asked him how he did it. That's when he told me about custom ROMs and told me to check out XDA. I did just that and I was hooked.

After a few months I got rid of the X8 and switched to the Xperia S. At that point I decided to become a member as I wanted to make the most of this site and learn as much as I could.
My first post was rookie mistake #1 by asking without searching first. I was quickly pulled up on it by @Felimenta97 but at least he was nice about it, unlike a lot of replies I've seen across the forums since then.

Now, here I am just over 2 years after signing up and am glad to have been part of the RC program and now the moderation team. I certainly didn't expect to have been so active here, or even still visit XDA for that matter

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Codemasta
Old
Thanks Meter 5
After i learned a few things about the Unix File Permissions i found the folder with the saved Ads on my Kindle Fire HD (KFSOWI).
I removed the permissions of this folder and the Ads were gone.
I wanted to share my knowlage and found xda developers as the biggest Android Forum on the internet.
And so... i posted a Tutorial