T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more
Post Reply

[APP] SW2Play - Music Controller

OP rahilm

25th March 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #21  
fierce_brake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag san salvador
Thanks Meter: 110
 
368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahilm


Made for Google Play Music and will work with any regularly updating music player available today. Explicitly tested with:
-Google Play Music
-Pandora
-Spotify
-n7player
-TuneIn
-iHeartRadio
-Slacker
** If you would like us to work on compatibility with other music players let us know, we'll do our best

Hey there @rahilm !
First of all, Thank you very much for such awesome app !!
Second, would it be too much to ask if you guys would include support for dsub ?

First time I install SW2Play, it worked fine with dsub but after that, it just seems as if the app is about to run and then does nothing (the screen with the albumart and gestures control never loads)

Thanks a bunch for your help!
27th March 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_brake

Hey there @rahilm !
First of all, Thank you very much for such awesome app !!
Second, would it be too much to ask if you guys would include support for dsub ?

First time I install SW2Play, it worked fine with dsub but after that, it just seems as if the app is about to run and then does nothing (the screen with the albumart and gestures control never loads)

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Hi,

Can you provide a little bit more info? Does it stay at the screen saying that no music player is open? If you start playing the music by opening dsub on your phone, does the watch advance to the screen showing artwork? If it does not, we will definitely do our best to add support. Thanks for the feedback!
27th March 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #23  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Excellent app, works perfectly.

Is there any chance you will be able to add last.fm radio to the app?
27th March 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #24  
fierce_brake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag san salvador
Thanks Meter: 110
 
368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahilm

Hi,

Can you provide a little bit more info? Does it stay at the screen saying that no music player is open? If you start playing the music by opening dsub on your phone, does the watch advance to the screen showing artwork? If it does not, we will definitely do our best to add support. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank for your reply mate!

Regarding your questions:
- It does not stay at the screen asking to open the music player.
- After opening dsub and playing content, the watch does not advance to the artwork.

Basically, when i launch the app, i get to see only the loading animation and then get kicked back to home without ever reaching the artwork screen.

Let me know if you need any further info, and again, thank you so much for your effort!!
30th March 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #25  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dervish666

Excellent app, works perfectly.

Is there any chance you will be able to add last.fm radio to the app?

Hi,

It should work with Last.FM. If not, we will verify and attempt to add support in the next update.
30th March 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #26  
Nomad1600's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 148
 
573 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Just flashed a 4.4.2 ROM onto my phone and o I could finally buy and use our extension. Works great (though the album art is a bit hard to make out on the watch). I like how you can rise and lower volume. Nice job!

Sent from my TouchPad using xda app-developers app
30th March 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #27  
quentin330's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 405
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
I was looking for an app like this for a long time, in fact I was giving up searching and I was trying to make something like this by myself but then I found it =) Thank you very much
31st March 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #28  
olarf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 311
 
730 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahilm

Do you mean playlist switch and stuff like that? Unfortunately, that is too player specific and we want to support as many players as possible. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

As an update, we are still working on a solution for opening the music player. It is proving difficult with what is allowed by Android APIs, but we are still working diligently toward it.

No I just want to switch from ins folder (Band x) to another (Band y). Maybe im just to stupid to do that but actually I can only play music inside the folder i Start!?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of actual updates. Sony announced a firmware update almost two months ago and we didn't want to change a bunch only for everything to break. The good news is they finally released it and the app still works. There is a little flickering of the graphics when changing songs and we'll look into that but the controls are still all the same.

With the update Sony supposedly added support for "widgets" which we're really excited for. Sadly, they have yet to update their API page or list changes so we're waiting for that. Once we get that we'll update our to do list of features and post that.

Thanks and as always, all feedback is welcome.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_brake

Thank for your reply mate!

Regarding your questions:
- It does not stay at the screen asking to open the music player.
- After opening dsub and playing content, the watch does not advance to the artwork.

Basically, when i launch the app, i get to see only the loading animation and then get kicked back to home without ever reaching the artwork screen.

Let me know if you need any further info, and again, thank you so much for your effort!!

It seems as thought the app is stopping before it gets to the point where it requires a music player. Can you do two things for me, first check to make sure the app has notification access, if it already had it can you then try running one of the music players we have tested? This will give us an idea as to whether the problem is with the initiation of the app or it connecting to dsub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olarf

No I just want to switch from ins folder (Band x) to another (Band y). Maybe im just to stupid to do that but actually I can only play music inside the folder i Start!?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Right now we are getting just the metadata needed to display what we do on the screen (current and previous song) which keeps the app small and simple. We'll check for one but I'm not sure if there's a way to go up one level from that and get album/playlist/etc metadata. I guess a possibility would be to collect the metadata for all songs (at startup) and organize them in our app and set up a selection menu by artist, album, etc. The problem with is this is what all the music apps do with song files, and making a full music player isn't really what we're trying to do (nor is it efficient.)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sony Smartwatch by ThreadRank