Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in bootloader, please help!

Tip us?

vinnytr9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck in bootloader, please help!

hi everyone,
I'm new here but right now I'm at my wits end here...

Backstory: I rooted my One and installed a ROM on it. However, a problem with the mic suddenly cropped up. Calling has been a pain and people say that they can hardly hear me. Speakerphone, however, works but it's annoying and inconvenient if I turn on my speakers every single time.

I decided to contact HTC again and asked for a replacement. I told them that there is something wrong with the mic of the phone. They were able to placed an on-site replacement. However, after 2 days, they sent me back an email saying that the problem lies "outside of the warranty" and the charge to get it back to working condition is $200. I thought it was ridiculous so I googled around and most on xda forums said that it is a hardware problem not a software one so I figured it's not a ROM problem.

So yesterday, when I got the phone back, it is unrepaired and worse, the volume buttons do not work at all...I am reluctant to send my phone back to HTC again because I know they will say that it is "out of warranty".

Stupid as I was, I tried to relock my One and S-On it again in order so that I can send my One back to HTC.
However, my One is stuck in bootloader mode.
On the top it says "Tampered", "LOCKED", and "Security Warning"

The HBOOT is 1.56 and it is S-ON.

The thing is, the volume buttons DO NOT work so I can't get into recovery mode using the normal method.

I can still use fastboot commands but the fastboot reboot command always send me back into the bootloader mode which is annoying. Because I can't get into recovery mode I can't use adb commands. So now, I think my phone is softbricked.

Would anyone be so kind and guide me through this? If anyone could help me I would be forever grateful.

alray
Old
(Last edited by alray; 22nd April 2014 at 08:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnytr9 View Post
hi everyone,
I'm new here but right now I'm at my wits end here...

Backstory: I rooted my One and installed a ROM on it. However, a problem with the mic suddenly cropped up. Calling has been a pain and people say that they can hardly hear me. Speakerphone, however, works but it's annoying and inconvenient if I turn on my speakers every single time.

I decided to contact HTC again and asked for a replacement. I told them that there is something wrong with the mic of the phone. They were able to placed an on-site replacement. However, after 2 days, they sent me back an email saying that the problem lies "outside of the warranty" and the charge to get it back to working condition is $200. I thought it was ridiculous so I googled around and most on xda forums said that it is a hardware problem not a software one so I figured it's not a ROM problem.

So yesterday, when I got the phone back, it is unrepaired and worse, the volume buttons do not work at all...I am reluctant to send my phone back to HTC again because I know they will say that it is "out of warranty".

Stupid as I was, I tried to relock my One and S-On it again in order so that I can send my One back to HTC.
However, my One is stuck in bootloader mode.
On the top it says "Tampered", "LOCKED", and "Security Warning"

The HBOOT is 1.56 and it is S-ON.

The thing is, the volume buttons DO NOT work so I can't get into recovery mode using the normal method.

I can still use fastboot commands but the fastboot reboot command always send me back into the bootloader mode which is annoying. Because I can't get into recovery mode I can't use adb commands. So now, I think my phone is softbricked.

Would anyone be so kind and guide me through this? If anyone could help me I would be forever grateful.
Really bad idea to S-ON on hboot 1.56. S-ON must be done on hboot 1.44 or 1.54 otherwise tampered flag will come back. + its really hard to s-off on hboot 1.56 and in some case its not possible. So you'll have to S-off and downgrade then remove the tampered flag, lock bootloader and s-on (hboot 1.44-1.54 only).

To boot in recovery you can use adb reboot recovery from the OS. if you can't boot inside the OS, I think you are stuck.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

vinnytr9
Old
(Last edited by vinnytr9; 22nd April 2014 at 09:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Really bad idea to S-ON on hboot 1.56. S-ON must be done on hboot 1.44 or 1.54 otherwise tampered flag will come back. + its really hard to s-off on hboot 1.56 and in some case its not possible. So you'll have to S-off and downgrade then remove the tampered flag, lock bootloader and s-on (hboot 1.44-1.54 only).

To boot in recovery you can use adb reboot recovery from the OS. if you can't boot inside the OS, I think you are stuck.
I know My phone was S-Off at the beginning of the "re-locking" process but as I followed the guides on Youtube, it had to be S-On and Locked again. I know it's a stupid move from my part

I can't do any adb commands because I'm stuck in the bootloader. adb devices returns no devices so i can't reboot into recovery.
Is there any fastboot command that will boot into recovery?

Which sucks the most is that the volume buttons do not work at all so yeah I'm pretty hopeless right now unless someone can miraculously come up with something to help

As of right now yes I'm hopelessly staring at the white screen on my phone...

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnytr9 View Post
I know My phone was S-Off at the beginning of the "re-locking" process but as I followed the guides on Youtube, it had to be S-On and Locked again. I know it's a stupid move from my part

I can't do any adb commands because I'm stuck in the bootloader. adb devices returns no devices so i can't reboot into recovery.
Is there any fastboot command that will boot into recovery?

Which sucks the most is that the volume buttons do not work at all so yeah I'm pretty hopeless right now unless someone can miraculously come up with something to help

As of right now yes I'm hopelessly staring at the white screen on my phone...
I don't know any way to boot in recovery using fastboot commands. Sorry.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

vinnytr9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
I don't know any way to boot in recovery using fastboot commands. Sorry.
Thanks for trying to help hey