[Q] Bricked (?) tablet during firmware installation

OP gazp87

22nd April 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Dear sirs/madams

I have an android tablet, Allview City + that has android Jelly Bean installed. The device is not rooted. All of a sudden, after a friend of mine used it, i couldnt get it to work. When i switched it on, it would show the allview logo for ever, refusing to go any further. I tried a hard reset following the user manual's instructions, but no joy. So i decided to re-install the device's firmware, assuming that it was a software problem that made my tablet refuse to function properly. I went to the official website of the device's manufacturer and followed the instructions provided on the manufacturers website:

h t t p : / / w w w . a l l v i e w . r o / i n d e x.p h p ? i d = 1 6 6 6

(i gave the link in this form as i am not yet allowed to post links)

unfortunately, when i reach 75% of the procedure, i get an error message and i have to disconnect the device and start the procedure again and so forth. It seems like the device is disconnected from the pc and the procedure can not go on.
Problem is, now i can not enter recovery mode. When i turn my device on, i see it works but nothing appears on the screen. And there is nothing i can do to fix this mess. So, how sould i proceed? Is my device bricked or what? please help me, im desperate.

Warranty is still valid

P.S.

Sorry about my poor English
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread