Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem rooting Verizon Galaxy S3 4.3 with Saferoot

Tip us?

mpridmore816@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Problem rooting Verizon Galaxy S3 4.3 with Saferoot

I've tried several times to root my Verizon GS3 using Saferoot, but the process never gets beyond "Plug in your phone and press any key to continue." I've followed the directions to the letter many times. I've updated, uninstalled and reinstalled both Samsung drivers and Kies. I've tried using different USB cables, different computers, and unzipping Saferoot into my Windows directory. I even did a factory reset on the phone. Nothing has worked; the phone and PC just sit there idle. Any tips or ideas that might help me? Thanks for your wisdom in advance.

mpridmore816@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Fixed it--now rooted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpridmore816@gmail.com View Post
I've tried several times to root my Verizon GS3 using Saferoot, but the process never gets beyond "Plug in your phone and press any key to continue." I've followed the directions to the letter many times. I've updated, uninstalled and reinstalled both Samsung drivers and Kies. I've tried using different USB cables, different computers, and unzipping Saferoot into my Windows directory. I even did a factory reset on the phone. Nothing has worked; the phone and PC just sit there idle. Any tips or ideas that might help me? Thanks for your wisdom in advance.
The fix for me was to disable NFC. Once I did that, it rooted flawlessly. It's frustrating because none of the Google search results I looked at mentioned NFC. After exhausting all possibilities, I just happened to think "What if NFC" is the cause. Disabled it, and voila!