FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] MF9 to MDC baseband downgrade failed via odin 1.85

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By hopatz, Member on 21st April 2014, 04:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,
I need help why my L720 4.2.2 MF9 always failed dowgrade to MDC baseband? This phones is brandnew.
Did i need bootloader Unlock?

Thanks
 
 
22nd April 2014, 11:34 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 790
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopatz

Hi all,
I need help why my L720 4.2.2 MF9 always failed dowgrade to MDC baseband? This phones is brandnew.
Did i need bootloader Unlock?

Thanks

No. It shouldn't fail. You're probably trying to flash the entire firmware package. THAT won't work. You need to flash the modem related files ONLY

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
22nd April 2014, 11:38 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87

No. It shouldn't fail. You're probably trying to flash the entire firmware package. THAT won't work. You need to flash the modem related files ONLY

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Im follow tutorial in this forum, im flash modem mdc only but odin said its failed.. Did i need Unlock bootloader L720 before flash mdc modem?
22nd April 2014, 11:39 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 790
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopatz

Im follow tutorial in this forum, im flash modem mdc only but odin said its failed.. Did i need Unlock bootloader L720 before flash mdc modem?

There is no locked bootloader...only a secured one. Every L720 I've had to unlock never failed the MDC flash in Odin. Are you SURE you have the MDC modem and are you SURE you have an L720? Check the sticker in the back and in download mode it tells you the model.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
22nd April 2014, 11:49 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87

There is no locked bootloader...only a secured one. Every L720 I've had to unlock never failed the MDC flash in Odin. Are you SURE you have the MDC modem and are you SURE you have an L720? Check the sticker in the back and in download mode it tells you the model.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Yes i look at about device is L720 with MF9 firmware..
Its correct.. Its no problems using odin 1.85 right? Or must specific version?
22nd April 2014, 11:54 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 790
 
More
THAT might be why! Let's move into the present and try it on Odin 3.07 or 3.09 (I personally use 3.09 all the time because...well its the most recent one).

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes