Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can I restore the Nandroid from one Nook to another?

OP lmacmil

23rd April 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

181 posts
My wife has an unmodified HD+. I want to put it on CM 10.2.1 but she wasn't convinced so I bought a used one to experiment with. It's running great on 10.2.1 and I've load all her apps, pix and movies. Can I make a Nandroid of the modified Nook, boot hers into CWM, and restore the backup to her Nook? Or do I have to go thru the entire flashing process of CWM, CM10.2.1 and gaaps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
23rd April 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,676

8,373 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil

My wife has an unmodified HD+. I want to put it on CM 10.2.1 but she wasn't convinced so I bought a used one to experiment with. It's running great on 10.2.1 and I've load all her apps, pix and movies. Can I make a Nandroid of the modified Nook, boot hers into CWM, and restore the backup to her Nook? Or do I have to go thru the entire flashing process of CWM, CM10.2.1 and gaaps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

You should be able to just restore the nandroid. The only issue will be that both the original and cloned devices will have the same MACAddress and cannot connect to the same router at the same time. That is fixable by deleting one file on the cloned device. I don't remember which file exactly, but if you need to know, I will look it up.

Edit: rename this file on the device you restored the nandroid to:

/system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl1271-nvs.bin to .bak.

Then reboot and a new version will be built with the correct MACAddress.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by leapinlar; 23rd April 2014 at 01:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread