Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to launch any audio related apps

Tip us?

badbwoydes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy Unable to launch any audio related apps

Sup ppl?

I just did a clean install of KickDroidXL v5 and the only changes I have made is to install ElementalX Kernel and Font changer via TWRP that I got from XDA. Every app that has to do with audio, such as sound recorder, dsp manager, equalizer, bass booster and even the visualization feature in the stock music app crashes with the "stopped" error.
Any idea as to w.t.f. is going on? A reinstall didn't help. CleanROM i had before didn't exhibit the prob and i tried a KitKat ROM from here with no issues, until I installed the KickDroidXL ROM. I even used that sme ROM months ago with no issues.
I have cleared data, cache and defaults for all apps containing music in the name, rebooted with "fast boot" off and no change. Sigh.

I welcome any ideas. Thanks
Device: AT&T HTC One X (4G > 4 Cores) [SIM Unlocked, Rooted, Boot Loader Unlocked, S-OFF]
ROM: ViperXL 3.2.8, JB 4.1.1, Sense 4+ / Heavily customized with Venom Tweaks
Kernel: ElementalX v7.0.2 (OV +5mv, (1000mv base - hard to get stable), 1.4GHz, ROW, Lionheart, No zRAM, Fast Charge)
Recovery: TWRP 2.3.0.0
Radio: Telstra 2.40

RIP HTC TouchPro (aka: AT&T Fuze)
Lover of all things HTC and representing Jamaica!

badbwoydes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
I just did a clean install of KickDroidXL v5 and the only changes I have made is to install ElementalX Kernel and Font changer via TWRP that I got from XDA. Every app that has to do with audio, such as sound recorder, dsp manager, equalizer, bass booster and even the visualization feature in the stock music app crashes with the "stopped" error.
Any idea as to w.t.f. is going on? A reinstall didn't help. CleanROM i had before didn't exhibit the prob and i tried a KitKat ROM from here with no issues, until I installed the KickDroidXL ROM. I even used that sme ROM months ago with no issues.
I have cleared data, cache and defaults for all apps containing music in the name, rebooted with "fast boot" off and no change. Sigh.

Device: AT&T HTC One X (4G > 4 Cores) [SIM Unlocked, Rooted, Boot Loader Unlocked, S-OFF]
Kernel: ElementalX v7.0.2 (OV +5mv, (1000mv base - hard to get stable), 1.4GHz, ROW, Lionheart, No zRAM, Fast Charge)

FedericoUY
Old
Thanks Meter 6
A kickdroid with kitkat and sense 6 would be really AWESOME...

PlayPetepp
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbwoydes View Post

Have you tried updating your firmware?
Current device (currently being repaired):
HTC One XL - S-Offed

HBoot 2.18
Radio 1.38a
Recovery TWRP 2.7.0.8
Running PhoenixROM 1.0.5 (odexed) on ElementalX 8.3.2
Retired:
HTC Evo 3D GSM - S-Offed

HBoot 1.49
Radio 11.77
Recovery 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC6
Running Cool ICS v18 GSM stock (odexed) on Coolz Evo3D v5.7
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayPetepp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badbwoydes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPetepp View Post
Have you tried updating your firmware?
hmm... i have had Turge's 5.08 Germany Firmware installed. Is this what I should try installing?: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2651052
I have HBoot 2.15 if that's related in any way.

PlayPetepp
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
You could try that but I was also running 2.15 firmware with this rom and it all worked fine so that's probably not it. Try a clean flash without font changer.
HTC One XL - S-Offed

HBoot 2.18
Radio 1.38a
Recovery TWRP 2.7.0.8
Retired:
HTC Evo 3D GSM - S-Offed

HBoot 1.49
Radio 11.77

badbwoydes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
I just flashed the 2.18 AT&T Firmware and no change with my issue. It's weird. This ROM worked fine for me a while back, and the only thing that was changed was me installing Turge's 5.08 Germany Firmware. When I go to About, ROM Version and Build number both start with 5.08. I was told that the Firmware will be preserved even after flashing a new ROM, so how can that not have anything to do with this issue? A clean install doesn't help. Google Play Music and the default Music app works fine, but none of the apps that modify audio such as equalizers, bass boosters, DSP managers, Music Channel, Voice Recorder all immediately show they have stopped when I launch them. Sigh.

PlayPetepp
Old
(Last edited by PlayPetepp; 22nd April 2014 at 08:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Dunno then, sorry. Maybe someone else who uses this rom can confirm?
HTC One XL - S-Offed

HBoot 2.18
Radio 1.38a
Recovery TWRP 2.7.0.8
Retired:
HTC Evo 3D GSM - S-Offed

HBoot 1.49
Radio 11.77

badbwoydes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
I just flashed the 2.18 AT&T Firmware and no change with my issue. It's weird. This ROM worked fine for me a while back, and the only thing that was changed was me installing Turge's 5.08 Germany Firmware. When I go to About, ROM Version and Build number both start with 5.08. I was told that the Firmware will be preserved even after flashing a new ROM, so how can that not have anything to do with this issue? A clean install doesn't help. Google Play Music and the default Music app works fine, but none of the apps that modify audio such as equalizers, bass boosters, DSP managers, Music Channel, Voice Recorder all immediately show they have stopped when I launch them. Sigh.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo
Old
(Last edited by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo; 25th April 2014 at 03:17 AM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13805

DONATE TO ME
Since you have opened a Q&A for this issue, please keep the conversation on this matter in here and out of the Developer Thread.

For your convenience, conversation surrounding this issue from the dev thread has been moved here also

Thank you,

Neo
Forum Moderator

New? | How2XDA | Rules | GPL | Get A Mod | Staff | Apply - RC/RT | Apply - RD | Apply - Mod
New to the HTC One Max? - Check This | Kernel Sources: Vigor | Fireball | Inc | M7 | T6 | M8