Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,115 Members 49,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIXED] NEED URGENT HELP! My phone's MEID is now 0!

Tip us?

PNGC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [FIXED] NEED URGENT HELP! My phone's MEID is now 0!

I was on stock 4.2.2 on my i9505 and decided to flash the Google Play Edition ROM
Now I have no network and when I dial *#06# it says:

MEID

Can anyone please help me out?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
Take a look: HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

PNGC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Take a look: HERE
I tried downloading the program, the thing is, I only know my IMEI (which is what shows behind the battery), but I can't find my MEID or ESN (because I actually don't know what they are... is the ESN the Serial Number? Because I've read that ESNs are only for the US? I'm on Portugal Vodafone).

Anyways, when I write the IMEI and press "write", nothing happens. Then I press "Reset" at the top right, and the phone doesn't reboot.

I downloaded a Demo version of the software, but wasn't it supposed to work anyways?

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 22nd April 2014 at 09:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGC View Post
I tried downloading the program, the thing is, I only know my IMEI (which is what shows behind the battery), but I can't find my MEID or ESN (because I actually don't know what they are... is the ESN the Serial Number? Because I've read that ESNs are only for the US? I'm on Portugal Vodafone).

Anyways, when I write the IMEI and press "write", nothing happens. Then I press "Reset" at the top right, and the phone doesn't reboot.

I downloaded a Demo version of the software, but wasn't it supposed to work anyways?
- What's MEID? HERE
- If you read.... u need the paid version of that program

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

PNGC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
- What's MEID? HERE
- If you read.... u need the paid version of that program
Actually I read on another post that it doesn't have to be the paid version of the program. He doesn't specifically say to pay for it, he says something like "pay for it or whatever".

I now have my MEID because I found a converter, but... The program still doesn't work. I'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm on Windows 8...

PNGC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I would also like to add that I was on 4.2.2, did a Nandroid Backup, but then had to flash 4.3 because I couldn't find a 4.2.2 ROM on samfirmware (since it only shows me the latest one).

Anyways, on this 4.3 ROM I can't restore my Nandroid Backup. It just bootloops. Ideas?

PNGC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
PROBLEM FIXED.

Unfortunately what I did might not be of help for anyone with the same problem. But here it goes:

Like I said, I was on 4.2.2 originally. But since I couldn't find a 4.2.2 official firmware, I had to download a 4.3 stock one. I flashed it once -- still the same problem. Tried flashing another ROM -- still the same problem. BUT THEN, I flashed the 4.3 stock ROM again, and it just worked! IDK what happened.

Anyways, hope someone can get the same results as me!

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more