Google Wallet Outside USA (IN PROGRESS)

23rd April 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

143 posts
More
This is a quick writeup of the progress I've made using google wallet in Canada. As of now, everything works except I get an error when I try to pay saying that google wallet does not yet allow international payments, but I have been able to bypass the activation screen and get everything else working as of now with a few easy steps.

1:
Make sure your device supports nfc and is on a 4.4.2 rom.

2:
Download a VPN like Tunnelbear or Hotspotshield to access a US proxy.

3:
Download Google Wallet from the play store

4:
Either go to App Ops on your phone, or install an App Ops from the market like App Ops X

5:
Disable location in App Ops for Google Wallet

6:
Try to sign into google wallet now with either your account, or you may have to create a new google account while using the us vpn.

7:
To signup a Canadian credit card for US google wallet use this guide provided from Unotelly for signing up for a Hulu Plus Trial

"To prove that the credit card is yours, just take your postal code and strip out all the letters and enter the numbers. You'll only get 3 numbers from your postal code (my three numbers are 706) and you can have any two numbers after those three - and it will satisfy the zip code validation. So, in my case any zip code from 70600 to 70699 will work with the credit card validation algorithm. This "back door" in VISA validation was created specifically for foreigners who find themselves in the US and get prompted for their billing address "zip code", but it works pretty much everywhere since it is the same code on VISAs computers that validates the card on Hulu as it does for the gas station.

But while 70600 will satisfy the VISA validation check (item #2), that zip code won't satisfy item #1 because it is not a valid ZIP code, there are no addresses in that zip code. So, I try Googling 70601. A few more searches on Google and I've located a PO Box that has the zip code 70601 and I use that address as my billing address. Now I can satisfy checks #1 and #2.

#1. The PO Box address is indeed within the given ZIP code (they probably check some USPS web service for this).

#2. The ZIP code matches the billing address on your Canadian credit card (due to the back door which was created to allow Canadians to pay-at-the-pump to fill up their rental)."

Now Google Wallet should be working, but we just need to find a way to allow payments outside of the USA. It isn't a great guide, but it is the msot progress I made towards google wallet in Canada. Would love your feedback and help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
canada, google wallet, outside us
Previous Thread Next Thread