Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM Not Installing SGH-I997

Tip us?

RLPinkston89
Old
(Last edited by RLPinkston89; 19th April 2014 at 11:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CWM Not Installing SGH-I997

sooooooooo. i bricked my Phone (oops) so i flashed it with Odin with the UCLB3 unbrick root and boom everything fine and got my binary count to no. then i install rom manager and flash the recovery... reboot to recovery.......waiting.... and poof, says that update.zip wasn't found. i found it fine. then the next line says failed to read whole signature and then cancels. Help please. im not entirely a noob but i feel like it sometimes lol.

bokonon9
Old
(Last edited by bokonon9; 23rd April 2014 at 01:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLPinkston89 View Post
sooooooooo. i bricked my Phone (oops) so i flashed it with Odin with the UCLB3 unbrick root and boom everything fine and got my binary count to no. then i install rom manager and flash the recovery... reboot to recovery.......waiting.... and poof, says that update.zip wasn't found. i found it fine. then the next line says failed to read whole signature and then cancels. Help please. im not entirely a noob but i feel like it sometimes lol.
I'm not sure what's causing your specific issue, but after going back to stock with Odin I follow the following instructions:

Quote:
To add CWM recovery to the rooted version, download a custom Gingerbread kernel from HERE or HERE and flash the zImage using SGS Kernel Flasher (found in the Play Store) on the phone. If you go this route for root and CWM, your Custom Binary Download counter will not show any custom binary activity.
You can download the SGS Kernel .apk from this post so you don't have to log into the Play Store. When you flash the zImage, it will hang on the Samsung logo for a bit while it reparations and installs the kernel. 1.2 GHz is stock by the way.

I have nothing against Rom Manager but I stopped using it after experiencing some issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to bokonon9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RLPinkston89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokonon9 View Post
I'm not sure what's causing your specific issue, but after going back to stock with Odin I follow the following instructions:

You can download the SGS Kernel .apk from this post so you don't have to log into the Play Store. When you flash the zImage, it will hang on the Samsung logo for a bit while it reparations and installs the kernel. 1.2 GHz is stock by the way.

I have nothing against Rom Manager but I stopped using it after experiencing some issues.

aswesome! all good! thanks man.