Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to place Custom ROM file on HTC One w/ no Operating System?!

Tip us?

BlaZinStAnG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to place Custom ROM file on HTC One w/ no Operating System?!

Hi,

This is my first time rooting my HTC One (T-Mobile) and have managed to unlock my bootloader and install TWRP Recovery. Long story short, while attempting to install the latest Android Revolution HD Custom ROM, I seemed to have wiped my whole phone clean and don't even have an operating system anymore.

How can I get the Custom ROM file from my computer to my phone if I don't even have an operating system to boot into? It would be no problem if this phone had an SD card slot, but it doesn't . The only thing I can boot into now is the TWRP Recovery.

I have tried using the MOUNT option in TWRP Recovery, but to no avail. I have also tried to download HTC Sync Manager and the computer still does not recognize my HTC One. All I need is for my computer to recognize my phone and pop up in Windows Explorer so I can copy it into my phone's internal memory and use TWRP Recovery to install the ROM.

P.S. I am using Windows 8.1 64-bit.

PLEASE HELP ME! :'(

root121
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am in the same situation, i have no operating system and can't access the internal storage.

How do I enable usb debugging?

Biochemlab
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default USB OTG

Hi guys,

I just had this same problem. I formatted internal storage and had no OS at all.

I bought a USB OTG wire from Amazon. I put the ROM I wanted to install on a regular USB Drive and connected it using the USB OTG wire.
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-5...ywords=usb+otg

In TWRP I went to the Mount function and unchecked all boxes except USB OTG. Make sure that's checked. Then, go to install and navigate up folders to the top level folder. Scroll down and the bottom folder will be called USB OTG. Look in there for your ROM.

Install and enjoy!

Now if someone could help me figure out why ADB won't connect: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727881
Tmobile HTC One (M7)