Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I know if my TWRP is an auto-loki version?

Tip us?

godefroi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] How do I know if my TWRP is an auto-loki version?

I just installed TWRP (2.6.x) from GooManager (per the all-in-one thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314494), and I'm about to flash the GPE ROM by Danvdh. I understand that this ROM is NOT loki'd, and that normally I'd need to flash loki-doki, but I suspect that this TWRP is an "auto-loki" version, where it will automatically patch any new kernels that are installed. How would I know that this is the case?

AxAtAx
Old
Thanks Meter 12201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by godefroi View Post
I just installed TWRP (2.6.x) from GooManager (per the all-in-one thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314494), and I'm about to flash the GPE ROM by Danvdh. I understand that this ROM is NOT loki'd, and that normally I'd need to flash loki-doki, but I suspect that this TWRP is an "auto-loki" version, where it will automatically patch any new kernels that are installed. How would I know that this is the case?
if it boots and just sits there at the boot screen, chances are the recovery is not auto loki'ed, I flash the loki patch everytime a flash a rom to be on the safe side. Good luck

kylecore
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by godefroi View Post
I just installed TWRP (2.6.x) from GooManager
I think the only "auto-loki" is a CWM one called Philz recovery so chances are you'll need the loki-doki zip.
Its like 1MB anyways, might as weljust download it and keep it on your phone. It doesn't matter what rom or recovery your using its the same zip file and most recoverys let you flash more than one zip at a time anyways.

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1762
correct on all above

twrp is loki'd, so you can flash it. but does not auto loki non-loki'd roms etc

so flash loki after your mentioned rom

like AX, if in doubt i flash loki-doki anyway

ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer