Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How do I know if my TWRP is an auto-loki version?

OP godefroi

21st April 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 10

248 posts
More
I just installed TWRP (2.6.x) from GooManager (per the all-in-one thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314494), and I'm about to flash the GPE ROM by Danvdh. I understand that this ROM is NOT loki'd, and that normally I'd need to flash loki-doki, but I suspect that this TWRP is an "auto-loki" version, where it will automatically patch any new kernels that are installed. How would I know that this is the case?
22nd April 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiONViLLE
Thanks Meter: 13,650

10,997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godefroi

I just installed TWRP (2.6.x) from GooManager (per the all-in-one thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314494), and I'm about to flash the GPE ROM by Danvdh. I understand that this ROM is NOT loki'd, and that normally I'd need to flash loki-doki, but I suspect that this TWRP is an "auto-loki" version, where it will automatically patch any new kernels that are installed. How would I know that this is the case?

if it boots and just sits there at the boot screen, chances are the recovery is not auto loki'ed, I flash the loki patch everytime a flash a rom to be on the safe side. Good luck
22nd April 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chatham
Thanks Meter: 177

461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godefroi

I just installed TWRP (2.6.x) from GooManager

I think the only "auto-loki" is a CWM one called Philz recovery so chances are you'll need the loki-doki zip.
Its like 1MB anyways, might as weljust download it and keep it on your phone. It doesn't matter what rom or recovery your using its the same zip file and most recoverys let you flash more than one zip at a time anyways.
23rd April 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,848

7,575 posts
More
correct on all above

twrp is loki'd, so you can flash it. but does not auto loki non-loki'd roms etc

so flash loki after your mentioned rom

like AX, if in doubt i flash loki-doki anyway

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread