Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PLEASE HELP - Stuck in Loading

Tip us?

smokarz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Question PLEASE HELP - Stuck in Loading

Hi guys,

I need help. My kid's Asus TF300T suddenly got stuck at the loading process. I turn it on, and it keeps loading and then reboot itself and kept loading again. This keeps going forever.

The bootloader is unlocked and I had a custom ROM on it, though I don't remember what it is.

I am still able to enter recovery (TWRP 2.4.4.0) while pressing the vol - and Power buttons.

But what else can I do? How do I get the tablet to work again?

Thanks so much.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post
Hi guys,

I need help. My kid's Asus TF300T suddenly got stuck at the loading process. I turn it on, and it keeps loading and then reboot itself and kept loading again. This keeps going forever.

The bootloader is unlocked and I had a custom ROM on it, though I don't remember what it is.

I am still able to enter recovery (TWRP 2.4.4.0) while pressing the vol - and Power buttons.

But what else can I do? How do I get the tablet to work again?

Thanks so much.
I'm assuming that "loading" means that the boot animation is still working, but not going into Android at the end of it.

You can first try clearing the cache in TWRP: Go to the WIPE category and only select Dalvik Cache and Cache and wipe those. Reboot and see if anything changed.

If that doesn't work, then you can try factory resetting, but this will erase all data not backed up on the tablet. Do NOT wipe data from the fastboot menu. Only factory reset from within TWRP.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

smokarz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
I'm assuming that "loading" means that the boot animation is still working, but not going into Android at the end of it.

You can first try clearing the cache in TWRP: Go to the WIPE category and only select Dalvik Cache and Cache and wipe those. Reboot and see if anything changed.

If that doesn't work, then you can try factory resetting, but this will erase all data not backed up on the tablet. Do NOT wipe data from the fastboot menu. Only factory reset from within TWRP.

Yes, that's correct. It's at the boot animation and never get into Android.

I tried to wipe Cache and Dalvnik but that didn't help.

I also just tried Factory Reset, and it did not help either.

Is there anything else I can do? I can try to flash the ROM again, but I just don't remember which ROM I had on it.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Yes, that's correct. It's at the boot animation and never get into Android.

I tried to wipe Cache and Dalvnik but that didn't help.

I also just tried Factory Reset, and it did not help either.

Is there anything else I can do? I can try to flash the ROM again, but I just don't remember which ROM I had on it.
Before you enter TWRP, the bootloader information appears in the top left corner of your screen. Which bootloader version are you on and what does the boot animation say/look like?
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!

smokarz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
It says:

Key driver not found... Booting OS
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by 'US_epad-10.6.1.8-20130225" A03

Starting Fastboot USB download protocol.

Then I had the option to select RCK - Android - Wipe Data

When I selected RCK, it brings me to TWRP.

The boot animation has the word ANDROID flashing from left to right. It probably was a custom boot animation.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

smokarz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Any suggestions guys?

How can I get this tablet to boot again?

Thanks

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
It says:

Key driver not found... Booting OS
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by 'US_epad-10.6.1.8-20130225" A03

Starting Fastboot USB download protocol.

Then I had the option to select RCK - Android - Wipe Data

When I selected RCK, it brings me to TWRP.

The boot animation has the word ANDROID flashing from left to right. It probably was a custom boot animation.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
So what I would do is first flash an updated Stock ROM via fastboot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1697227
Flash the "ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5" for your region. Then it will reset.

Then using fastboot, you can follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7

And you should be up and running with a new CM11 ROM.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smokarz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
So what I would do is first flash an updated Stock ROM via fastboot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1697227
Flash the "ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5" for your region. Then it will reset.

Then using fastboot, you can follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7

And you should be up and running with a new CM11 ROM.

Thanks cmendonc2,

I really want to make sure I got this right, please let me know if I am missing anything.

1) Install adb/fastboot on my PC

2) Flash Updated Stock Rom via fastboot (which is the latest stock rom and where can I get it?) Do I reboot the tablet after I flashed this?

3) Flash TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 via fastboot. I guesss reboot again after I flashed the firmware?

4) Then follow the last link you posted to flash CM11?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Thanks cmendonc2,

I really want to make sure I got this right, please let me know if I am missing anything.

1) Install adb/fastboot on my PC

2) Flash Updated Stock Rom via fastboot (which is the latest stock rom and where can I get it?) Do I reboot the tablet after I flashed this?

3) Flash TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 via fastboot. I guesss reboot again after I flashed the firmware?

4) Then follow the last link you posted to flash CM11?
1.) The minimal software from here should work fine: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269

2.) The Stock ROM is the tf300t firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1697227 Reboot.

4.) Then follow the guide.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smokarz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks again,

What are the commands to flash rom and reboot/