[Q] Factory reset?

OP Dragbike Racer

23rd April 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
So I'm S-off, Firewater, SuperSU, CWM, stock software, I have not loaded a ROM, fastboot flashed the nohbootimg firmware update, added the HTC browser, and flashed the OTA-killer.

Can I do a Factory reset without it messing something up? I'm having 3 issues that I want to see if a reset will fix, one is my alarm clock keeps turning itself off, another issue is that when I turn the phone on it seems to take a long time to "Prepare Sim card" , and the last issue is that I get a email "login failed" notice which is poping up before the phone starts seeing the data connection.

Thanks
23rd April 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,130

2,543 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragbike Racer

So I'm S-off, Firewater, SuperSU, CWM, stock software, I have not loaded a ROM, fastboot flashed the nohbootimg firmware update, added the HTC browser, and flashed the OTA-killer.

Can I do a Factory reset without it messing something up? I'm having 3 issues that I want to see if a reset will fix, one is my alarm clock keeps turning itself off, another issue is that when I turn the phone on it seems to take a long time to "Prepare Sim card" , and the last issue is that I get a email "login failed" notice which is poping up before the phone starts seeing the data connection.

Thanks

If you are simply stock and rooted... you can factory reset using CWM without any issue.

Worst case scenario if you are backed up...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52115727
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #3  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 90

528 posts
More
Since you have not installed a ROM I would think a factory reset would be a good first step. You will probably lose some if the customization you have done, but I wouldn't think you would lose root or anything like that. I believe a reset will just wipe the data partition ( maybe dakvik and cache as well).

Sent from my VZW HTC One (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to animez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

If you are simply stock and rooted... you can factory reset using CWM without any issue.

Worst case scenario if you are backed up...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52115727

Thanks! Just curious, I'm trying to learn as fast as I can , how does CWM reset differ from the the stock one?

And do you think that the CWM reset could help with the issues?
Last edited by Dragbike Racer; 23rd April 2014 at 01:20 AM.
23rd April 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,130

2,543 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragbike Racer

Thanks! Just curious, I'm trying to learn as fast as I can , how does CWM reset differ from the the stock one?

They both typically wipe the same partitions however the stock recover also resets some radio elements which is why you will always see me suggest to someone with radio issues to do a factory reset from stock recovery.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
23rd April 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
I used the reset in CWM and I'm going through the setup now, I guess we'll see if this helps. Thanks guys!!!
23rd April 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Well the alarm is staying on so far and I'm not getting the email login failure but I think I lost my CWM, guess I'd better reload it.
23rd April 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Interesting, I can't seem to get into my hboot mode? hmmmm

nevermind, I'm a dolt, forgot to turn off fast boot and I Still have CWM but when I select reboot I get a message "Root access possibly lost. Fix?" Anyone know what this could mean? Should I Pick "Yes - Fix Root" . I'd assume so, what the heck lets see what happens. lol
Last edited by Dragbike Racer; 23rd April 2014 at 03:14 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread