[Q] How do I get into Recovery mode?

OP N12X93R

22nd April 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

89 posts
I have TWRP installed, and I've been flashing ROMs, but I'll inevitably run into a boot issue due to a kernel or maybe some ROM incompatibility. I'm just really trying them all out to see what they each have. Only a few are even kept up to date now.

Anyway, Vol - and power button do not take me to TWRP. It always takes me to the Factory Reset thing that LG has on it. Is there a way to get into custom recovery with the hardware keys?

I can almost do LGFT back to 10d, ioroot25, and TWRP install blindfolded.
23rd April 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 45

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N12X93R

I have TWRP installed, and I've been flashing ROMs, but I'll inevitably run into a boot issue due to a kernel or maybe some ROM incompatibility. I'm just really trying them all out to see what they each have. Only a few are even kept up to date now.

Anyway, Vol - and power button do not take me to TWRP. It always takes me to the Factory Reset thing that LG has on it. Is there a way to get into custom recovery with the hardware keys?

I can almost do LGFT back to 10d, ioroot25, and TWRP install blindfolded.

If you do in fact have a custom recovery installed, then when you get to the factory reset screen (via Vol - and Power) go through with hitting the power button 3 times

Don't worry, it will take you to your recovery instead of factory resetting.
23rd April 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

89 posts
Ahh, I see then. I've always been afraid it would restore stock firmware. Thank you!

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread