Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin failing OTA 4.3

Tip us?

turtlenoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Odin failing OTA 4.3

What I did
Installed Clockwork through the play store and then clicked on the option to flash it.
I was running a rooted verizon's touchwiz for 4.3 jelly bean on samsung galaxy s3. Someone should probably write that guy and be like hey it doesn't work for your software and firmware versions ... because it checked it and said it was all good. Yeah I'm a noob but it's been 4 months since the last post saying it can't be done and I figured people would have updated their software to work with the nonsense that samsung decided to shove down our throats.

I've followed a few threads now on trying to fix my phone

The one I found most helpful in terms of directions was
ID: 1840030 is the one in particular that I thought would be the most helpful

I download all these packages (and man are they slow to download)
VRALEC fails to flash in odin 3.07 and some of the pictures don't match up (I've tried flashing everything just for the fun of it and it just fails)... Phone still turns on though. I can't find any other versions of odin even on thread titled [27.08.2013 LATEST] Odin 3.09, Odin 1.85 | All versions! | Samsung ROM Flashing Tools.

I'm just an idiot that can't seem to find links but there weren't any there (probably because of the "Mod Edit link removed")

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlenoob View Post
What I did
Installed Clockwork through the play store and then clicked on the option to flash it.
I was running a rooted verizon's touchwiz for 4.3 jelly bean on samsung galaxy s3. Someone should probably write that guy and be like hey it doesn't work for your software and firmware versions ... because it checked it and said it was all good. Yeah I'm a noob but it's been 4 months since the last post saying it can't be done and I figured people would have updated their software to work with the nonsense that samsung decided to shove down our throats.

I've followed a few threads now on trying to fix my phone

The one I found most helpful in terms of directions was
ID: 1840030 is the one in particular that I thought would be the most helpful

I download all these packages (and man are they slow to download)
VRALEC fails to flash in odin 3.07 and some of the pictures don't match up (I've tried flashing everything just for the fun of it and it just fails)... Phone still turns on though. I can't find any other versions of odin even on thread titled [27.08.2013 LATEST] Odin 3.09, Odin 1.85 | All versions! | Samsung ROM Flashing Tools.

I'm just an idiot that can't seem to find links but there weren't any there (probably because of the "Mod Edit link removed")
Im a lil confused on wat ur asking and wat happened to ur fone
U were on 4.3ota lock bootloader and u tried to download CLOCKMOD RECOVERY?
If thats true then u Brick ur fone. But u stated that it powers on. So u can get into DL Mode and Odin the correct file wich would be ML1
Flashing ML1 tar file will lock ur bootloader(WONT BE ABLE TO UNLOCK IT) and unroot it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM

turtlenoob
Old
(Last edited by turtlenoob; 22nd April 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
Im a lil confused on wat ur asking and wat happened to ur fone
U were on 4.3ota lock bootloader and u tried to download CLOCKMOD RECOVERY?
If thats true then u Brick ur fone. But u stated that it powers on. So u can get into DL Mode and Odin the correct file wich would be ML1
Flashing ML1 tar file will lock ur bootloader(WONT BE ABLE TO UNLOCK IT) and unroot it
First thing first
Directions ID is a bad one (sorry about that). Best I can do is this one here: showthread.php?t=1840030
second:
Brick means that it doesn't turn on. I never said I bricked it.

Things I've done since OP
I found another version of Odin inside one of the zip packages I downloaded. This one at least looks like the pictures that were posted in the thread.
I attempted to reflash VRALEC boot twice and both failed.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for an image that will work or

I was trying to backup the stock image and I'm worried I don't even have that now.

ODIN MODE
Product Name: SCH-I353
Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
qualdumbies securenonsense: enabled
warranty bit: 1
bootloader ap swerv: 1

skeeterpro
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlenoob View Post
First thing first
Directions ID is a bad one (sorry about that). Best I can do is this one here: showthread.php?t=1840030
second:
Brick means that it doesn't turn on. I never said I bricked it.

Things I've done since OP
I found another version of Odin inside one of the zip packages I downloaded. This one at least looks like the pictures that were posted in the thread.
I attempted to reflash VRALEC boot twice and both failed.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for an image that will work or

I was trying to backup the stock image and I'm worried I don't even have that now.

ODIN MODE
Product Name: SCH-I353
Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
qualdumbies securenonsense: enabled
warranty bit: 1
bootloader ap swerv: 1
Like the other poster I'm still not real sure what you are trying to do but that said sammobile is a good place to find ROMs if you rather not snag files from here. Always check md5 hashes as sometimes downloads can be bad. If your downloaded file is even a little bit corrupted, it will fail to flash potentially creating all sorts of bad things.

Judging from what you've posted from the ODIN MODE data you've tripped KNOX already and AFAIK that cannot be reversed and voided any warranty. Could be wrong as I've not kept up with newer workarounds as I've not needed to do so.

I would suggest taking a deep breath and start to slowly read. Good luck.

HTH
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."....A. Einstein
----------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Civato Flexbeam 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 6800/OmniROM 4.4
SGS III Stock Rooted TW/Unlocked/4.3
Dell Venue Pro 8 64GB Win8.1/ClassicShell Mod